The Mental Health Counseling concentration prepares students to work in a variety of community agency settings and/or eventual private practice. Students completing this concentration will have met the educational requirements for licensure in Tennessee as a Licensed Professional Counselor with Mental Health Service Provider status.
Sample Course Plan
What opportunities are available with this degree?
* This degree provides the educational training for licensure as a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC). State licensure as an LPC requires a minimum of two years post-master’s clinical work under the supervision of a licensed or certified mental health profession.
- Private Practice
- Integrated delivery systems
- Employee assistance programs
- Community agencies
- Managed behavioral healthcare organizations
- Substance abuse treatments
- Vocational rehabilitation centers