This 12-month online Master of Arts in Teaching (Non-Licensure M.A.T.) with Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) concentration program is designed to be taken as a cohort group for candidates who are interested in possessing a high level of knowledge of contemporary theories, pedagogies, and research in TESOL curriculum and instruction, and/or pursuing a position of teaching English as a second/foreign language to adult or child learners in the United States or abroad. Upon successful completion of the 30 credit hoursâ€™ interdisciplinary coursework, candidates will be awarded a Masterâ€™s Degree (Non-Licensure M.A.T.) and TESOL certificate concurrently.
Three to five sentences that outline the learning opportunities and experience students will have in your program.
- Application for admission
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended
- Undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or above
- Admit decision by department
Sample Course Plan
What opportunities are available with this degree?
- Teach undergraduate English Language
Learning courses at colleges
- Teaching at local private English Training Centers
- Teaching online at International English
- Teaching at English as a Secondary
- Teaching at International English Language
- TESOL Teaching Material Writer/Editor