Annual Enrollment Transfer Period
During Annual Enrollment, you can enroll in, transfer or cancel coverage for the following benefits in Edison Self Service. All changes will be effective January 1, 2022. If no changes are made in Edison, your current benefit plans will continue into next calendar year.
For a complete overview, view the Annual Enrollment Newsletter. If you would like to learn more about a particular benefit, select the button below:
During Annual Enrollment, you can enroll in, transfer or cancel coverage for the following benefits via the provider. All changes will be effective January 1, 2022.
For long-term disability and voluntary term life: you will need to follow the links below to enroll or make any changes for 2022. If no action is taken, your plans will continue into 2022.
For FSA: You must enroll through the link below. If you do not enroll, you will not be able to contribute in 2022.
- Health premiums are changing for all plan members. Premium increases depend on the tier and plan you choose.
- Our health insurance carriers will remain BlueCross BlueShield and Cigna for 2022. New! An additional insurance carrier network will be offered in 2022. There will be four carrier network options. See Carrier Information webpage for details.
- The Dental DPPO plan carrier will change to Delta Dental of Tennessee. If you are currently enrolled in the MetLife DPPO dental plan and do not make a change during annual enrollment, you will automatically be enrolled in the Delta Dental DPPO on Jan. 1, 2022. Go to the dental webpage for more information.
You will use Employee Self Service (ESS) in Edison to add/make changes to benefits. When using Edison ESS, Microsoft Edge is the preferred browser. Enrolling on your smart phone or mobile device is also possible.
We need documents to prove their relationship to you. A list of required documents is found on the Enrollment Materials page.
- You can upload your documents in Edison or fax to 615.741.8196.
- The dependent documents deadline is the same as the Annual Enrollment deadline (October 16, 2020 by 4:30 p.m. CST).
- All enrolled health plan members will get new medical, pharmacy and behavioral health
ID cards in December for 2022.
- Newly enrolled or current members enrolled in the dental DPPO (Preferred Provider) for 2022 will receive new dental cards from Delta Dental in December.
- Newly enrolled members or members who change or transfer dental or vision plans will receive new ID cards.
- All newly enrolled CDHP/HSA, Local CDHP/HSA medical FSA and limited purpose FSA members will receive a new debit card from Optum Financial to use starting Jan. 1, 2022. If you have both an HSA and a L-FSA, you will use the same card for both accounts.
- Members can always request additional cards by contacting their carrier network or vendor(s) or by using a vendor’s mobile app.