REQUIRED TRAINING FOR NEWLY HIRED GRADUATE ASSISTANTS
- All GRADUATE ASSISTANTS (GTA, GRA, GAA) must complete Part 1 and Part 2.
- All Graduate Teaching Assistants (GTA) who will be working in a classroom setting (on-ground or on-line) must complete PART 1, PART 2, and PART 3.
PART 1. HR Training - Required for ALL Graduate Assistants
You will not have access to these trainings until you receive emails from the Human Resources department.
- FERPA, Gramm-Leach Bliley Act, PCI-DSS, Identity Theft, Security Awareness, Non-Discrimination/Harassment (complete all modules)
- HAVEN Training
PART 2. Office of Disability Services Presentation - Required for ALL Graduate Assistants:
Click here to view the presentation.
PART 3. Required for Graduate Teaching Assistants Only
All classroom graduate teaching assistants (GTA's), whether working on-ground or online, must complete the online GTA orientation. This training consists of tutorials found at LinkedIn Learning and the Accessible Syllabus Training Series offered by Distance Education. This will take approximately 5-6 hours of your time, so be sure to plan accordingly. Please complete all parts of the training prior to the start of your assistantship. Use the orientation/training checklist found below to record your completion dates. Turn this form in to your GA supervisor during your first week of work and be sure to provide a copy to the College of Graduate Studies for our records.
- LinkedIn Learning TRAINING TUTORIALS: Complete the COGS GTA Training tutorials. Follow the instructions below to access
and complete the training.
1. Go to http://apsu.edu/linkedin/. Click on the LinkedIn Learning Login link and log in using your APSU student email address and AP OneStop password.
2. At the top of the page, you should see a section entitled, "FROM YOUR ORG. COGS: GTA TRAINING." Click on the words or the pictures and you will be taken to a series of four tutorials. You must complete all four tutorials but you do not have to complete them all at once.
- ACCESSIBLE SYLLABUS TRAINING SERIES: Complete the Accessible Syllabus Training Series provided by Distance Education.
ORIENTATION/TRAINING CHECKLIST: ALL newly hired GA's (GTA, GRA, GAA) should complete and submit this form to their GA supervisors during their first week of work as graduate assistants. GTA's must submit a copy of the training checklist to the College of Graduate Studies.
NEW HIRE PAPERWORK SESSION: (Returning GA's do not need to attend!)
In order to be placed on APSU's payroll and receive your stipend, you must attend a session to complete hiring paperwork. Due to space limitations, advance registration is required. Be sure to bring your Social Security card and original documents for completion of the Form I-9 (see page 3 for acceptable documents) with you to the session. International students should only register for the designated session and are required to present a visa, passport, I-20, and I-94. If you are unable to attend a session, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so an alternate date and time can be arranged.
Additional Information for graduate assistants: