Computer Science & Information Technology
- Maynard Math & Computer Sci Room MMCS 221
“The students at Austin Peay have excitement for learning and they push me to be a better professor. Staying ahead of my students is what keeps me motivated.”
Dr. Church on what he enjoys about being a part of the Austin Peay community
- Ph.D. in Engineering Science, University of Mississippi
- MS in Engineering Science, University of Mississippi
- Bachelors in Computer Science, University of Tennessee at Martin
Some of my past work experience involves processing radar images for the United States military using parallel programming, creating the software that the University of Mississippi uses for tracking marijuana potency samples, and estimating the value of used textbook in real time. I've written the textbook "Learning Haskell Data Analysis" and written and voiced two video series on learning data analysis in the language Haskell.
Digital image processing, computational geometry, machine learning, data analysis
- Church, J. C., Shank, B., Lee, T. S. Y.. "Enhancements to PeayNotes: Extending the Generic Web-based Patient Clinical Notes Sharing System,'' In Proceedings of the ACM Mid-Southeast Conference, Gatlinburg, TN. November 2018.
- Church, J. C., Shank, B., Lee, T. S. Y., Compton, T., and Conklin, J. "PeayNotes: A Generic Web-based Patient Clinical Notes Sharing System for Health Care Professionals,'' In Proceedings of the CCSC Rocky Mountain Conference. Socorro, NM. October 2018.
- Church, J. C. "Segmentation of Unorganized Point Cloud Data,'' In Proceedings of the ACM Mid-Southeast Conference, Gatlinburg, TN. November 2017.
- Church, J. C. Advanced Data Analysis with Haskell. Video Series. Birmingham: Packt Publishing, December 2016.
- Church, J. C. Getting Started with Haskell Data Analysis. Video Series. Birmingham: Packt Publishing, July 2016.
- ElSohly, M. A., Mehmedic, Z., Foster, S., Gon, C., Chandra, S., & Church, J. C. "Changes in cannabis potency over the last 2 decades (1995-2014): analysis of current data in the United States.'' Biological Psychiatry, 2016, 79(7), 613-619.