Jiang Li, Ph.D.
Professor, Graduate Coordinator
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill
Dr. Jiang Li joined the Department of Computer Science and Information Technology at Austin Peay State University after receiving his Ph.D. in Engineering and Computer Science from University of Nebraska – Lincoln in 2003. He also holds B.S. and M.S. degrees from Beijing Institute of Technology.
Dr. Li’s research interest is in Data Mining, Machine Learning, Image Processing, Software Engineering, and Distributed Computing. He has published over 30 refereed articles in international journals and conference proceedings.
Dr. Li is a member of ACM and ODBMS.ORG's Panel of Experts. He currently serves as the Editor-in-Chief of International Journal of Image, Graphics, and Signal Processing (IJIGSP).
- L. Wang and J. Li, “Development of an innovative dual-coded multimedia application to improve reading comprehension of students with imagery deficit,” Journal of Educational Computing Research, in press, December 2017. DOI: 10.1177/0735633117746748.
- J. Li, L. Wang, L. Williams, and C. Allan, "Development of a novel computer application to teach counting in K-2 classroom using the Unified Process method," International Journal of Modern Education and Computer Science, IJMECS, vol.7, no.10, pp.1-11, 2015.DOI: 10.5815/ijmecs.2015.10.01.
- J. Li, W. Rich, and D. Buhl-Brown, "Texture analysis of remote sensing imagery with clustering and Bayesian inference," International Journal of Image, Graphics, and Signal Processing, IJIGSP, vol.7, no.9, pp.1-10, August 2015. DOI: 10.5815/ijigsp.2015.09.01.
- J. Li, " Development of programming projects for object-oriented programming courses: from console to GUI applications," The Journal of Computing Sciences in Colleges, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 4 – 16, December 2014.
- S. Jator and J. Li, "An algorithm for second order initial and boundary value problems with an automatic error estimate based on a third derivative method," Numerical Algorithms, vol. 59, no. 3, pp. 333 – 346, March, 2012.
- J. Li, "Teaching unified process in software design and development courses – a case study," The Journal of Computing Sciences in Colleges, vol. 24, no. 5, pp. 5 – 11, May 2009.
- S. Jator and J. Li, "A self-starting linear multistep method for a direct solution of the general second order initial value problem," International Journal of Computer Mathematics, vol. 86, no. 5, pp. 827 – 836, May 2009.
- J. Li and R. M. Narayanan, "Integrated spectral and spatial information mining in remote sensing imagery," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol. 42, no. 3, pp. 673 – 685, March 2004.
- J. Li and R. M. Narayanan, "A shape-based approach to change detection of lakes using time series remote sensing images," IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing, vol. 41, no. 11, pp. 2466 – 2477, November 2003.