Supporting an Efficient Allocation of Resources
The Office of Budget and Financial Planning contributes to fulfilling the university’s vision of a collaborative, integrative learning community by providing support to faculty, staff, and administration through personal service, timely response, and dependable performance. Employee behavior is guided by the core values of resourcefulness, service, integrity and teamwork.
The Budget Office responsibilities include:
- Coordinating the annual preparation of the appropriations request submitted to the Tennessee Higher Education Commission (THEC).
- Coordinating the annual preparation of the Original (July) Budget, Revised (October) Budget and Estimated Budget for the APSU Board of Trustees.
- Creating new positions and maintaining the accounting distribution for positions in the Human Resource System.
- Coordinating the annual preparation of proposed fee changes for approval by the APSU Board of Trustees.
- Managing budget revision requests from university departments.
- Providing data and analysis to support decision making and resource allocation.
- Assisting departments with budget questions.