Student Trustee Application
Applications will be accepted each fall semester from qualified student applicants to serve on this important board that provides guidance and oversight for Austin Peay. Each spring, one Austin Peay State University student will be selected to serve as the student member of the University’s Board of Trustees.
Students eligible to apply for this one-year appointment must:
- Be enrolled full time and remain full time during year of service;
- Have earned at least 60 semester hours at the time of application, if an undergraduate;
- Have completed at least two semesters at APSU at the time of application, if an undergraduate student; at least one semester at APSU at the time of application, if a graduate student;
- Have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA as recorded on the most recent semester’s transcript from APSU;
- Be in good judicial standing at APSU (no outstanding judicial record, no outstanding judicial sanctions, no prior judicial history deemed of serious nature by the screening committee); and,
- Have significant involvement and leadership experience in the university setting.
- Any student selected for the Student Trustee position cannot hold office within the Student Government Association during their year of service, in accordance with a resolution passed by the SGA.
Complete application packets will be accepted during the Fall semester for the following academic year, via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by personal delivery to the Office of Student Affairs, Morgan University Center Room 206. Complete applications must be submitted no later than November 3, 2023, at 4:30 p.m. for consideration.
The Office of Student Affairs will confirm the GPA and judicial record of applicants and forward the applications to a screening committee of three students and two university administrators.
The screening committee will conduct interviews of select students. Upon completion of the interviews, the screening committee will identify students to be forwarded to the University President for review. The president will review the applications and forward a recommendation to the Board of Trustees with comments as appropriate. The APSU Board of Trustees will select the student trustee at their March meeting; the selected student trustee will serve for the following academic year, beginning with the June Board of Trustees meeting.
Questions or requests for additional information should be directed to:
Dr. Carol Clark
Secretary to the Board
Dean of Students