Check here often for up-to-date listings of CAFE-sponsored professional development.
Creating Conditions for Optimal Faculty/Student Interactions
Providing Faculty with tools and tips in dealing with difficult student situations
A collaboration between the Center for Advancement of Faculty Excellence (CAFE) and Student Affairs, Office of Student Conduct and Case Management
When & where:
- Once a month informal discussion sessions, all times are 2:30-3:30 p.m.
- Session One: Oct 6th Zoom- link provided below
- Session Two: Week of November 8th – zoom link with possible in person
- Session Three: Week of December 6th – zoom link with possible in person
- 2022 sessions will be announced in December.
- Low stakes but critical conversations centered on examples of real APSU student case studies
- Opportunities for faculty to share their struggles with student issues in a positive, solution focused forum with coaching and suggestions from Student Affairs professionals
- Faculty supporting faculty to help “stop the snowball” and maintain productive relationships with students
- Topics will vary based upon participants’ needs and interests. First session we will share the “why” of offering this series, do introductions and gather interest in topics for future sessions and investigate a selected student case study.
How: This Zoom link will apply to all sessions: https://apsu.zoom.us/j/81726237108
For more information:
Dr. Bobette Bouton, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Melissa Kates, email@example.com
Jolann Baldwin, firstname.lastname@example.org