Our Mission-Austin Peay State University Campus Police
The men and women of the Austin Peay State University Police Department are committed to serving the students, visitors and faculty/staff by providing quality services within our college/community, and providing an environment where people can live, visit and work safely without fear.
The Austin Peay State University Police Department will exist to preserve liberty, enhance the safety of our community and defend human dignity. We will be an organization in which each officer embraces integrity as the foundation in which our college/community trust is built.
Our communication with the public will be direct, open, and respectful. We will value our differences, recognizing that there is strength in both. Our goal is excellence and we will not accept anything less.
- Service: We will provide quality, professional police service to every student, visitor and faculty/staff member of Austin Peay State University.
- Honesty: Adherence to the facts and dedication to truthfulness, and fairness
- Integrity: Guided by a code of moral values and incorruptibility
- Trust: Is a result of honest behavior between the Austin Peay State University Police Department and the college/community
- Compassion: To be sensitive to the needs of our community members and demonstrate a compassion for all students, visitors and faculty/staff member at Austin Peay State University.
- Respect: We will hold all people of our college/community worthy of high regards; we will demonstrate respect for human dignity and respect the rights and privacy of all students, visitors and faculty/staff member of Austin Peay State University.
- Service Orientation: We will progressively contribute to the welfare of our college/community, and to aggressively attempt to improve the quality of life to those that live, work, and visit Austin Peay State University.