Frequently Asked Questions
What are Physical Plant hours of operations?
- The Physical Plant is open from 8:00am until 4:30pm.
How do I place a work order?
- Departmental/Building work orders should be requested using the TMA online work order system.
- Student Housing/Sorority Houses work orders can be placed by clicking on the following link or by calling the Physical Plant work order hotline 221-7424.
Does Physical Plant handle the cable connections?
- No, you will need to call 1-866-440-2003.
Does Physical Plant work on the washer and dryers in the dorms?
- No, you will need to call Housing at 221-7444.
How do I get paper for the copier?
- Paper for the copier must be requested by placing a work order through the TMA Online work order system. (Note: Use code PD for paper delivery. Max of five (5) cases of paper can be ordered. Also a Request for Expenditure Transfer/Correction will need to be filled out prior to paper being released from the warehouse. This is not considered an emergency work order.)
How do I request a key for a building/office/classroom?
- Please use the Key Request Form to request keys. (Note: Key requests for student workers/graduate assistants must have the signature of the Department Dean or Vice President.)
How do I request a nameplate or department sign?
- Nameplates or department signs can be requested by placing a work order through the TMA Online work order system. (Note: Use code SN for signs. Please give color, size and correct spelling of sign being requested.)
What do I need to do to reserve a vehicle?
- Call 221-7039 and see if a vehicle is available on the date you want it; fill out the vehicle request form located on Physical Plant’ web site and have your Dean/Department Head sign as “Approved by” before sending to Physical Plant.
What are the charges to use a Motor Pool vehicle?
- You are charged for mileage only for cars & mini vans @ $ .52 per mile and large vans @ $ .54 per mile. The bus is $3.00 per mile plus a driver rate of $16.46 per hour.
What is the shipping address for the University?
- Austin Peay State University’s shipping address is 681 Summer Street, Clarksville, TN 37040
How do I get a student package?
- All UPS and FedEx packages are received in Central/Receiving located in the Shasteen building, behind Governor’s Stadium. At 1:00 pm, all student packages are carried to the University Post Office where they place a notice in your mailbox.
How do I return or ship a package?
- Label with complete street address (no P.O. Box number). A university account number is needed to charge the shipping charge to. Please attach information for Physical Plant, if package is insured and the amount of the insurance. (Note: Physical Plant cannot ship out student or personal packages – they have to be shipped through the APSU post office.)
How do I turn in surplus property?
- A work order must be submitted for the moving crew to pick up surplus equipment and deliver to the warehouse. (Note: Office of Information Technology must release Computers before being they can be sent to the warehouse.)
What are the hours I can pick up surplus merchandise?
- Merchandise can be picked up by appointment between 8:00 am-3:30pm, Monday-Friday by except on Holidays.
How do I find out what surplus items are available?
- Call the Inventory Supervisor for an appointment to check the warehouse.
When are the recyclables in my building collected?
- Most buildings are serviced by GCA. The recycling containers in each building are generally emptied twice a week. Click <here> for the current schedule.
When is my building cleaned?
- Most buildings are services by GCA. Common cleaning tasks are completed daily, twice a week or weekly. Click <here> for the typical schedule of cleaning tasks.