Panhellenic Sorority Recruitment Registration
Panhellenic Recruitment Registration
Panhellenic Sorority Recruitment Schedule
Your Pi Chi (Panhellenic Counselor) is a sorority member who has been chosen to disaffiliate with her chapter and serve as a recruitment counselor to potential new members during the recruitment process. She will be your mentor and guide, answering questions before, during and after recruitment. In addition to meeting your Pi Chi, this two-hour event includes a “do and don’t” fashion show, review of the week’s events, discussion of proper recruitment behavior and a question-and-answer session.
Attire: Recruitment t-shirt, nice jeans, and comfortable shoes. Do not wear sneakers or flip-flops.
During Values Night, you will learn about each organization’s values, sisterhood and more. Chapters may show videos to demonstrate their values and sisterhood. This will be your first opportunity to speak with sisters about the chapter.
Attire: Business Casual
You must be invited to attend Philanthropy Day parties. During the party/parties you attend, you’ll learn what it means to be a sister in the respective chapter and learn more about the chapter's specific philanthropic endeavors. This is another opportunity to speak with sisters.
Attire: cocktail/Sunday best
You must be invited to attend Preference parties. You may attend up to two parties. The last round of recruitment, Preference day is a sentimental ceremony during which active members demonstrate their bonds of sisterhood and the meaning of their sorority. You will be included in the ceremony and should use this day to decide which sorority makes you feel most comfortable.
After you attend your last Preference ceremony, you will go immediately to sign your preference card. This is a personal decision that only you can make. You should not discuss your choices with anyone prior to filling out your card.
Once you receive your bid and participate in a Panhellenic ceremony, you’ll head to your sorority for an afternoon of fun activities! Your chapter will provide you with a bid day t-shirt.
Below are guidelines that govern Panhellenic Council recruitment process:
- All participants must be enrolled in at least 12 credit hours for the current semester in order to be eligible for recruitment.
- Alcohol and illegal drugs are prohibited from use during Recruitment Week. The Panhellenic Council will dismiss from recruitment anyone found in violation and will refer all violations to the Office of Student Affairs.
- Austin Peay State University and the Panhellenic Council are not responsible for the loss, theft of, or damage to personal property of the students.
- Potential new members are encouraged to attend the maximum number of functions that she can each day of recruitment in order to maximize her chances of receiving an invitation for membership.
- Potential new members must notify the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs in writing if they choose to withdraw from recruitment.
- Potential new members have the right to not join a sorority if, in the end of the recruitment week period, that seems best to them.
- Participation in Panhellenic Council recruitment is not a guarantee that a potential new member will receive a bid to join a Panhellenic Council organization.
- There is a $35.00 application fee, this includes dinner Friday, heavy snacks on Saturday and Sunday and a recruitment t-shirt. Payments must be made via the application you will complete. Sorority applications will not be complete until the application fee is received. This fee is NON REFUNDABLE if you sign up and decide that you no longer want to participate. Sorority application and fee must be received by Thursday, August 29th at 5:30 pm.