Intensive English Program
- Classes are small and taught by instructors with extensive experience in teaching English to non-English speakers.
- Homework and exams are expected and assessment tests are give to students at the beginning and end of each semester.
- Classes are not taken for credit, although grades and transcripts are provided.
- Classes are designed for students in the United States on an F-1 visa, who are required to enroll in the program full time to maintain their visa status.
- Other students who desire an intensive program of academic study also take these classes.
- A basic knowledge of English is expected in order to benefit from the intensive level of study.
WHEN and WHERE?
- Classes are held in two 15-week semesters (fall and spring) in the McReynolds building on the APSU main campus in Clarksville.
- The ESL Institute follows the same academic calendar as APSU’s main campus programs.
- Summer courses may be offered as needed.
- A typical semester schedule is found on the Calendar & Schedules page.
HOW DO I APPLY?
- F-A Visa International Students:
Application to the ESL Institute should be submitted as early as possible. Details are provided on the F-1 ESL Admission page.
- Other ESL Students:
Students should submit the online application form or contact the ESL office for a paper application.
- Visit the Tuition & Fees page for details.
- Payment is due before classes begin and should be made at the McReynolds Building on the APSU main campus. Credit card payments will be taken via telephone by calling (931) 221-7816.
- Military spouses may qualify for tuition assistance through the MyCAA program
STILL HAVE QUESTIONS?
Ask "what's best for me?" or contact the ESL office.
Return to ESL Home Page