F-1 Visa International Students
This information is for those applying for an F-1 student visa for study in the U.S.
All other visa types, permanent residents or citizens will find application information at the General Admission page.
If you have questions, see our Which ESL program is best for me? page.
Submit your application documents to the ESL Institute as early as possible. No later than 45 days prior to the start of a term. Please contact the ESL Institute if requesting an exception.
The ESL Institute must receive the following items to process your application.
Missing items will delay your application. Please use this printable checklist.
- Completed application - online application form
- US$115 new student and express mail fees payment US$140 if applying for both ESL and undergraduate admission. * Can be paid online.
- Copy of passport information page with photograph
- Financial support form (If applying for both ESL and undergrduate admission, financial sufficiency should exceed APSU undergraduate financial sufficiency amount. See APSU Financial Support.)
- Bank statement or letter to match financial support form
- High school or college transcript
* Fees are subject to change. See refund policy.
Submit all of the same application and items listed above, plus:
Application and items should be sent no later than 30 days prior to the start of a term (preferred), but transfers generally do not take as long to process. Please contact the ESL office with questions.
- Transcript from current school or language program
- Copy of current I-20 form
- Copy of current I-94 form (dated within 1 week of submission)
- Copy of U.S. visa page
|Submit all application documents to:|
For courier services (such as DHL or FedEx), please use the
following physical street address:
Austin Peay State University
ESL Institute/MCR 103
681 Summer St.
Clarksville, TN 37044
APSU ESL Institute
Clarksville, TN 37044
|Scanned copies of application items may also be sent by email or fax (931-221-7641).|
|Please ensure all items are complete; missing documents may delay processing of your application and issuing of I-20 form.|
Upon arrival at APSU, bring the following to registration:
- Original I-20 form and passport with visa
- Copy of I-94 form
- Tuition and fees payment (See Tuition and Fees)
- Medical and Health insurance payment or proof of adequate international student insurance. See Health Requirements.
- Completed and signed Health History form
- Completed Certificate of Immunization showing:
- Proof of two MMR immunizations.
- Proof of two varicella (chickenpox) immunizations.
- Proof of immunization against Meningococcal Meningitis. (if under 22 years old and living on campus)
- Proof of negative tuberculosis (TB) test. (Must be dated within 30 days before the first day of classes.)
Return to ESL Home Page