F-1 Visa International Students
Submit your application documents to the ESL Institute as early as possible. No later than 60 days prior to the start of a semester please (contact the ESL office if requesting an exception).
APSU must receive the following items in order to issue your I-20 document.
Please use this printable checklist.
* Fees are subject to change
- Submit all of the same application documents, application fee and advance tuition payment as noted above. No later than 60 days prior to the start of a semester is preferred, but transfers generally do not take as long to process. Please contact the ESL office with questions.
- Request your current U.S. institution to submit a photocopy of the Form I-20/IAP-66 or DS-2019, Form I-94, U.S. visa page, and passport information pages to the ESL Institute.
- Submit the completed Transfer Verification Form.
Submit all application documents to:
Please ensure all items are complete; missing documents may delay the processing of your application and I-20.
Austin Peay State University
Clarksville, TN 37044
I-20 Certificate and Visa
- An I-20 form (Certificate of Eligibility for F-1 Visa) will be issued to international students who have been accepted by the ESL Institute. It is the responsibility of the student to use the I-20 form to apply for the F-1 student visa from the nearest U.S. Embassy. Further details can be found at the ICE website.
- The costs to express mail an I-20 document are not covered by the ESL Institute. A fee of $65* is charged at registration to cover those costs. If the actual charges for a particular student is found to be higher than $65, the student will be expected to pay the additional cost. (* Fees are subject to change.)
- You will be required to sign a compliance document when you arrive and register for class - preview it here.
- Visa regulations state that you cannot enter the United States earlier than 30 days prior to your first semester of classes. Additional details are found at the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) site.
Required and optional fees are detailed here.
- All international non-immigrant students are required to have medical/hospitalization insurance prior to completing registration.
- Students must show proof of vaccination or immunity for MMR, varicella (chicken pox), meningitis and tuberculosis.
- Students may purchase coverage through the University or show proof at registration of adequate coverage from another provider.
- This is an important requirement - click here for further details.
- Limited housing in campus residence halls is available for full-time ESL students
- All housing is assigned on a first-come, first-served basis so apply early - BEFORE you arrive on campus.
- Meal plan options are also available for purchase.
- Contact the ESL Institute at (931) 221-6270 for more details about applying for campus housing or purchasing a meal plan.
Learn more about preparing for your departure and arrival in the United States.
Learn more about APSU and Clarksville, Tennessee
Tips for international students with F-1 visas regarding obtaining a driver's license, bank account or social security number.
Return to ESL Home Page