The Cameron Ford Watts Scholarship
The Cameron Ford Watts Scholarship was established in 1993 in memory of Cameron Ford Watts. His parents, Rip Watts and Sandra Watts, both of Clarksville Tennessee, wanted to establish this endowed scholarship as a way to positively impact other individuals with disabilities. The deadline for this scholarship is April 1st each year.
LeRoy Parks Civitan Scholarship
The LeRoy C. Parks Scholarship was established by the Civitan Club to honor Mr. Parks service as 1999-2000 International President. Civitan's main focus is to assist individuals with disabilities. The deadline for this scholarship is April 1st each year. http://www.apsu.edu/scholarships.
Mid-Tennessee Council of the Blind
The Applicant Must:
- be a resident of middle Tennessee or attend college in middle Tennessee;
- be legally blind/vision impaired according to standard definition (documentation from physician or school disability office required);
- have completed at least one semester of college or vocational instruction at a state approved school in Tennessee;
- have at least two semesters of education to complete;
- have a 2.5 GPA based on 4.0 scale (proof of grades required).
The deadline for this scholarship varies. http://www.acb.org/tennessee/MTCB/index.html
2015-2016 TN-AHEAD 4-YEAR SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
- Must be a resident of
- Must have completed a minimum for 40 hours of college credit at the time of application.
- Must be enrolled at a four-year institution during the award period for a minimum of nine (9) credit hours.
- Must be currently enrolled for a minimum of nine (9) credit hours.
- Minimum of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) collegiate GPA and be in good standing.
- Provide two (2) letters of recommendation with at least one (1) from a faculty member.
- Nomination by a TN-AHEAD member.
- Entire application must be completed, including certification from the Disability Services Provider as well as the required essay. You may use additional pages as needed.
Please deliver your application to the Office of Disability Services. Deadline to apply varies.
Study Abroad Scholarship and Grant Resources http://www.apsu.edu/internationaled/scholarships
Google Lime Scholarship: Scholarship for Computer science students with disabilities.
Scholarships for Students with Learning Disabilities: A list of scholarships available for students with learning disabilities.
Scholarship Program for Amputee College Students: The National Amputation Foundation offers six scholarships to college students with a major limb amputation, who will be attending an accredited university as a full time student.
P. Buckley Moss Endowed Scholarship: Scholarship available for a graduating high school senior with a specific language-related learning disability and verified financial need who has visual arts talent to attend an accredited four-year college or university or two-year community college in order to pursue a career in a visual arts field.
National Federation of the Blind (NFB) Scholarships: NFB gives a broad array of thirty scholarships to recognize achievement by blind scholars each year. Winners will be brought to the NFB annual convention, providing an excellent opportunity for high level networking with active blind persons in many different professions and occupations.