Welcome to the College of Graduate Studies
At Austin Peay State University you will find programs designed to help you advance in your career field and faculty who are vested in ensuring your success. Whether you learn on campus or online, you will enjoy building relationships with classmates and qualified professors as you work toward your educational and professional goals.
Please use the tabs to the left to learn more about the College of Graduate Studies, our graduate programs and our graduate faculty. For admissions-related questions, please contact Graduate Admissions at (931) 221-7662 or e-mail us at GradAdmissions@apsu.edu. For all other inquiries, contact the Graduate Office at (931) 221-7414 or e-mail us at GradStudies@apsu.edu.
Graduate Education Pays!
New data from the Bureau of Labor and Statistics highlights some of the benefits of Graduate Education.
Graduate Education Pays
Instead of paying out-of-state tuition rates, which are roughly three times our in-state rates, eRate recipients will pay a rate that is 1.5 times our in-state tuition rate. Click here to review the related Tennessee Board of Regents guideline, posted in section IV.
Students will be eligible to receive the new eRate if they meet these criteria:
- enroll at APSU
- be classified as a nonresident of Tennessee
- enroll exclusively in APSU’s online courses
Students enrolled in any type courses other than online will not be eligible for the eRate and will incur traditional non-resident fees and charges. If a student is enrolled in both online and other type courses, he cannot gain eligibility by dropping other type courses. Starting in July 2010, APSU will offer significantly lower tuition rates for out-of-state students who meet eRate eligibility requirements.
For questions about your fee statement, contact the Bursar’s Office at Bursar@apsu.edu or call (931) 221-6285.
Graduate Education Opportunities and Expectations
The Graduate Education Opportunities and Expectations document outlines opportunities and expectations for graduate students, graduate faculty members, graduate departments and the College of Graduate Studies. This document also outlines the complaint and appeal process for graduate students.
Photo by Lois Jones
College of Graduate
- Jumped 18 spots on Best Colleges List by U.S. News & World Report
- Named 2014 Military Friendly School by Victory Media
- Regionally Accredited Public University
- Carnegie Comprehensive University (Master’s Large University)
- Fastest Growing Graduate Program in Tennessee
- Confer Nine Graduate Degrees
- Offer Post Master’s Degrees
- 18 Graduate Programs
- Qualified, Progressive & Caring Graduate Faculty
- On-line and On-ground Course Offerings
- Graduate Degrees Earned Within 1 Year
- Graduate Research & Creativity Extravaganza Forum
- Graduate Assistantships
- Diversity Fellowship Grants
- Best Thesis Award
- Graduate Research & Creativity Grant Awards
- Family & Adult University Housing
- Competitive Tuition and Fee Costs
- Attainable Progressive Leadership Skills