Why Study Graphic Design
Our program will ensure students have experience with both print and web design. We also teach a class that functions like a design firm by pairing students with non-profit organizations so that they can practice designing for real clients under the watchful eye of a professor.
The ideal student will have a good eye for design principles, enjoy working with clients to meet their design needs, and has an attention to details. This is a great option for someone patient and hardworking who is always consuming visual culture.
This degree will prepare students to work with clients to meet their design needs. We have had students go one to work in large graphic design firms, and others who have built their own firms by starting out doing freelance graphic design.
- Rachel Bush: Graphic Design—client work
- Patrick Gosnell: Graphic Design—typography
- David Walker: Graphic Design—design for civic change
What Will I Learn:
- Students will learn to conduct research to inform the artwork they create
- Students will learn the techniques and software for Graphic Design
- Students will learn to apply aesthetic design principles to their work
- Students will learn to develop their own artistic voices to express themselves through the work
- Students will learn how to work with clients effectively to ensure they ask the right questions and get complete answers.