Why study Management?
Available fully online, the Master of Science in Management (MSM) program will aid in your development of transferable leadership and interpersonal skills needed to effectively manage individuals, teams, and organizations. The curriculum highlights a variety of topics such as applied business research, information systems management, human resource management, and strategic management to provide a diverse educational experience.
All faculty in this degree program have a PhD and routinely publish their research in some of the top academic journals for business. In addition, many act as consultants, have their own company, or have decades of real world experience.
The MSM program offers an opportunity for students to leverage their knowledge and experience in any background and combine it with managerial concepts to effectively lead teams in their field of interest. Possibilities include:
- Business Development
- Human Resource
- Project Management
- Social Media Management
- International Business
- Management Analysis and Consulting
- Risk Management
The program is designed for students with a bachelor’s degree in any field and offers fast-track terms that last just 8-weeks. Convenient online courses enable students to balance graduate studies with work and personal commitments, with an option to graduate in 12 to 24 months. The program is offered through the Ft. Campbell campus and admits year-round.
The College of Business provides funding and scholarship opportunities for students to participate in community events, conferences, and study abroad.
Students will also have direct access to the College of Business Career Readiness
Coach to help aide in advising, career preparation, and job search.
Sample Course Plan
What will I learn?
Throughout this program, you will learn to:
- Evaluate theories, concepts, and tools that enable business leaders to succeed
- Demonstrate strong leadership, motivational, and interpersonal skills
- Critically analyze and utilize financial reports
- Apply technology and information systems for planning, continuous improvement, and communications
- Select and train employees, communicate job performance ratings, and carry out disciplinary procedures
- Resolve conflicts and enhance office cohesion
- Produce empirically sound business decisions
- Uphold ethical and legal business standards
- Problem-solve and strategically compete in a global business environment