2022 Posters at the Capitol
The Tennessee STEM Education Center is organizing “Tennessee Posters at the Capitol 2022” to be held Tuesday, February 16, 2022 at the Cordell Hull Building, 425 5th Avenue North, Nashville, TN. The competition is open to undergraduate researchers in the STEM fields identified in the attachment.
Undergraduate researchers will submit a 150-200 word abstract to the Office of Student Research and Innovation (OSRI) at email@example.com. OSRI will select up to 7 undergraduate researchers and 2-3 alternates. OSRI will submit those names to the Tennessee STEM Education Center for final consideration to present their posters at the event. Once the students are selected, OSRI will help them along in the process of attending the event. Students selected for the poster session will then create a poster and plan for attendance using the following guidelines. (If the poster has multiple authors, only ONE student will go to the event). Please do not create the poster until you have been selected based on your abstract!
The deadline for submissions is: NOVEMBER 23, 2021
If selected, the students and OSRI will follow these guidelines:
- Poster details
- Poster size should be 32” x 40”
- Poster orientation should be portrait (32” wide, 40” tall) not landscape
- The poster should look professional and OSRI will help!
- Selected abstracts will be edited between 150-200 words.
- Tripods will be provided by event organizers. OSRI provides the poster board.
- Students will be coached by mentors to explain an overview of your poster in two to three minutes.
- Dress Code: Coat and tie for men; Modest suit or dress and jacket for women.
- To enter the Capitol, you will have to pass through a scanner. Please do not bring anything that may cause a problem for you during the screening such as knives. It will take a few minutes for a group of six to eight people to pass through the scanning process. Please wear the name tag provided by the committee.
- Bring a valid photo identification such as a driver’s license.
All proposals abstracts and questions should be directed to the OSRI at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Annual APSU Keys to the World Showcase and Research & Creativity Forum
Usually the Second Thursday in April