Austin Peay This Week: Seven commencement ceremonies planned for fall, spring graduates
(Posted May 3, 2021)
Ceremonies for Austin Peay’s Fall 2020 graduates are scheduled for Tuesday, May 4, and Wednesday, May 5. Ceremonies for the University’s Spring 2021 graduates are scheduled for Thursday, May 6, and Friday, May 7.
A full schedule of the ceremonies, which will be streamed at http://apsu.edu/commencement/commencementinformation/webcast.php, is listed below:
- 4 p.m., May 4, Fall 2020 graduates from all colleges (participating students signed up for their preferred ceremony).
- 4 p.m., May 5, Fall 2020 graduates from all colleges (participating students signed up for their preferred ceremony).
- 4 p.m., May 6, College of Behavioral and Health Sciences’ Health and Human Performance, Psychological Sciences and Counseling, and School of Nursing graduates.
- 7 p.m., May 6, College of Behavioral and Health Sciences’ Criminal Justice, Leadership and Organizational Administration, Political Science, Public Management, Sociology and Social Work graduates.
- 9 a.m., May 7, College of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics graduates.
- 1 p.m., May 7, College of Arts and Letters graduates.
- 4 p.m., May 7, College of Business and Eriksson College of Education graduates.
Graduate students will participate in the ceremonies of their program’s academic college. Additional information can be found at https://www.apsu.edu/commencement/.
In addition to the streaming video, the ceremonies will be aired live on CDE Lightband channel 9, Spectrum Cable channel 192, and AT&T Uverse channel 99 and can be heard on WAPX-FM radio, 91.9. Graduates and guests who wish to view the ceremonies at a later date or time can access them on the APSU-TV YouTube page and the University’s Facebook page.
ROTC Commissioning Ceremony to celebrate largest class in program’s 50-year history
On May 7, 2021, Austin Peay will have its first in-person commissioning ceremony since the start of the pandemic, and the ceremony will be the biggest in the program’s 50-year history.
Thirty-three ROTC graduates will celebrate their entry into the U.S. Army officer corps.
The ceremony will take be from 6:30-7:30 p.m. May 7 in the Dunn Center.
#CandlelightBallAtHome this weekend
The Candlelight Ball Virtual Celebration will be available to watch on Saturday, May
8, 2021 at 7 p.m. CST. During this celebration, we will continue the traditional Candlelight
Ball program but virtually, from the comfort of your own home!
We ask you to host your own Candlelight Ball “At Home” party from the comfort of your own home! Get your friends together on May 8 at 7 p.m. CST. Dress in your attire choice: formal wear, pajamas, APSU apparel. Open up your laptop to the Candlelight Ball Virtual Celebration link, pop open a bottle of your drink choice and enjoy the celebration!
The Virtual link will be accessible for you through the following ways:
- Austin Peay State University Alumni Facebook Page – this link will be posted on May 8, 2021 at 7 p.m. CST for your convenience. https://www.facebook.com/APSUAlumni
- Via email – Send an email to Nikki Loos Peterson requesting the Virtual Celebration link and she will send that link your way! All past Candlelight Ball recipients, with an updated email address, will also receive the Virtual Celebration link, via email.
- Austin Peay Alumni Web Page – On May 8, 2021, visit www.alumni.apsu.edu/candlelightball and you will be able to access the Virtual Celebration link.
For questions, please contact the APSU Alumni Relations Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 931-221-7979.
Vaccination effort continues at Austin Peay
Austin Peay State University’s vaccination site in parking lot 11, next to the Ard Building, has administered more than 3,000 doses of the Moderna vaccination. This site represents a major University effort to help keep the campus and the Clarksville-Montgomery County community safe, and we could use your help to make sure this effort continues to run smoothly.
We received strong campus support early in this venture, but as the semester end approaches, fewer people have signed up to help us at this site. If you are interested in supporting this project by volunteering at the vaccination tent, please sign up at https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10C0D4DAEA628A5F4C43-vaccine1.
All adults 18+ are eligible to receive the vaccine in Montgomery County. You can schedule your appointment online at Austin Peay State University for Montgomery County: COVID-19 Vaccination (signupgenius.com).
Other events on campus
- For the latest on Governors athletics, visit https://letsgopeay.com.
- To see other happenings on campus, click here.
News FeedView All News
On March 26, Dugger successfully defended her dissertation, "The impact of COVID-19 on Risk of Teacher Retention in the United States," making her the first graduate of APSU's Doctor of Education degree program.Read More
The final three of five commencement ceremonies for spring Austin Peay State University graduates are today.Read More