PR & Marketing earns 16 Tennessee College Public Relations Association trophies
Gold Winner: "Are You Ready to Lead?"
(Published May 28, 2019)
Austin Peay’s Public Relations and Marketing team won 16 awards during the 2019 Tennessee College Public Relations Association Awards at the association’s May 24 annual meeting.
The team won four golds, five silvers and seven bronzes.
The golds were:
- Overall Promotional Campaign – Lead: Leading Through Excellence Brand.
- Digital Advertisement (single) – “Are You Ready to Lead?” video Twitter ad. You can see the ad here and above.
- Spot News Photography – “Govs in Color.” See the photo above.
- Low-budget Publication – Mini Factbook. You can download the book here. One of the pages is below.
The silvers were:
- Spot News Photography – “Austin Peay in Autumn.” See the photo above.
- Digital Advertisement (series) – “Lead the Future of Industry.”
- Brochure/Flier – High Achievers.
- Illustration – Browning Building snow globe.
- Special Publication – “Alignment of Community and Education Industry Summit.”
The bronzes were:
- News/Feature Video – “Dolls in Space.” See the video above.
- Feature Photography – “BCycles at Downtown Commons.” See the photo below.
- News Writing – “Austin Peay sends dolls to stratosphere to celebrate women in STEM.” You can read the story here.
- Print Advertisement (series) – “Lead: Student Storytellers.”
- Special Publication – Acceptance Packet.
- Webpage – apsu.edu/govlife.
- Website – apsu.edu.
The Austin Peay PR & Marketing team won 12 awards in 2018, 13 in 2017, 11 in 2016 and six in 2015.
The APSU Office of Public Relations and Marketing staff includes Bill Persinger, executive director; Michele Tyndall, director of publications; Beth Lowary, director of marketing; Charles Booth, director of communication; Lori Moore, office supervisor; Rollow Welch, assistant director of publications; Hannah Eden, IT campus webmaster; Taylor Slifko, photography and social media coordinator; Kristen Miller, graphic designer; Sean McCully, web content assistant; and Brian Dunn, university editor/writer. Printing Services staff include Jana Gilbert, print shop supervisor; David Johnson, graphic designer; Sue Butler, offset press operator.
News FeedView All News
The Department of Art + Design, with support from the Center of Excellence for the Creative Arts, is pleased to welcome award-winning typeface designer Nina Stössinger to Austin Peay State University.Read More
This week's highlights include Austin Peay's popular trick-or-treating event, a Tony-winning director, a Brexit panel ... and you'd better secure your Percussion Ensemble Halloween Concert tickets NOW.Read More
The event provided educational leaders - including several college and community college presidents - with resources and training for supporting military-affiliated students on their campuses.Read More