Military & Veteran Graduate Recognition Ceremony
The Military and Veteran Graduate recognition ceremony honors graduating active duty and military veteran students. During the ceremony, graduates are presented with a special military coin and military honor cords.
Designed in 2011 with military students and veterans in mind, the coin is cast in an antique bronze color. One side of the coin displays the eagle, our nation’s symbol, along with other American patriotic elements. The University’s AP logo is stamped at the bottom. The words, “All Hail to Those Who Serve”, was taken from the lyrics of Austin Peay State University’s alma mater, as well as from the military’s customs and courtesies as a way to welcome those joining a unit.
The reverse side of the coin depicts an image of the Austin Peay clock tower atop the Browning Administration Building. The iconic clock tower is considered the emblem of Austin Peay State University. Finally, the year Austin Peay State University was founded, 1927, is stamped at the bottom of the coin.
- Please arrive at the NMFRC by 4:30 p.m. on the day of the ceremony.
- Parking will be available at Lot 24, next to the Newton Building, for campus map click here: https://www.apsu.edu/map/
- The procession of honored graduates will begin at 5:00 p.m.
- Military service dress uniform or professional dress is encouraged.
- Participants will be asked to fill out a Military Alumni Chapter Form after the ceremony