What is Avaya Cloud Office by RingCentral?
Avaya Cloud by RingCentral is an enterprise-grade, unified communications platform that will replace the aging, on-campus VoIP/phone infrastructure with a modern, cloud-based solution ready to empower our campus and workforce. With RingCentral, university departments can more easily manage mobile workforce communication from a single app on their laptop or mobile device.
Users will no longer need hardware phones - your university phone will be there wherever you have an internet connection - no need to VPN!
- RingCentral softphone will be available to all university staff and faculty on their university issued laptop computers both PC and Mac. .
- RingCentral Mobile app is available for iOS and Android.
- Answer campus calls from multiple locations with the desktop and mobile app. App features include texting, conference calling, video conferencing, and faxing.
- Multiple extensions. Use the app to answer multiple extensions. You’ll see which extension is ringing on the display before you answer the call.
- Auto-attendant. RingCentral can be your receptionist. Provide callers the option to be connected to the right team by selecting the appropriate option.
- By using the RingCentral app, you can keep communication available on your personal cell phone without having to disclose your personal cellular number.
RingCentral is a feature-rich, unified communication platform. APSU users will benefit from the ability to centralize communication within a single application with features such as but not limited to:
- Use the RingCentral app to schedule Audio/Video meetings within the RingCentral platform.
- Direct message and text within the RingCentral platform.
- Say goodbye to needing a dedicated Fax line - with RingCentral, any number can be a fax number!
- Communicate via text messages with university constituents and students on your RingCentral number.
The APSU IT and Infrastructure team are working diligently to make this transition as efficient and timely as possible. We currently plan on having all Academic departments migrated prior to the end of the 2021/2022 Academic Year. Some administrative departments will be transferred over the summer of 2022.
OIT will contact each organization/business unit a month prior to the transition date for that unit.
What you need to know.
Change is coming, but it is positive and improving the agility of APSU's digital communication.
Avaya Cloud Office by RingCentral will provide:
Remote use of your APSU extension without a VPN connection.
Remote use of your APSU extension via application on your computer
Remote use of your APSU extension via smartphone
Ability to block spam/robo calls
Audio/Video/Text communication withinin a single app
.....All without the use of a desktop, hardline phone.
What else is changing?
No more long distance codes. Calls in the continental US, Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada treated as local calls.
No more Fax machines. Traditional, analog Fax machines will no longer be supported. All RingCentral extensions are capable of receiving faxes.
Desk phone console is optional. While we encourage users to go fully digital when possible, traditional desktop phones will still be provided for users that require them.