College of Education
- Claxton Building Room CX 219
- College of Education
- Curriculum Vitae
“I appreciate the community here at Austin Peay because of the quaint campus, its history, and the hard working faculty, staff and administrators.”
Dr. Short on what she enjoys about being a part of the Austin Peay community.
EdD in Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment, Walden University
M.A.Ed., Walden University
B.S.Ed., McKendree University
Bachelor's Degree in K-9 science education, and MAED in K-8 science education. I taught over 15 years in middle school science. I am a nontraditional student and 1st GEN female student
My research focus is on the history of education, nontraditional students, and integrated curriculum
- Gonzales, C. & Short, D. (2022). A Silenced Impact-Connecting the History of Education with Familiarity of Community-A Southern University's Long History in Education. Southeastern Regional Association of Teacher Educators 31(1)
- Short, P., Short, D., and McConnell, J. (2020). Into the age of inference with a sense of the stakes.
- In Short, P., McConnell, J., and Henson, H. (Eds.). (under contract to publish in February 2021). Age of Inference: Cultivating a Scientific Mindset. (1-15). Information Age Publishing.
Selected Peer-Reviewed articles
- Short, D. (2021, Accepted). The Limitations of Performance-Based Assessment: Disparities in Teacher Diversity. Southeastern Regional Association of Teacher Educators 30(1), pp. 1-6.
- Short, D. and Short, P. (2021, Accepted). Science and World War I: Involving Teacher Candidates in Integrated Learning. National Social Science Journal 56(1), pp. 64-69
- Southeastern Regional Association of Teacher Educators (SRATE)- journal co-editor June, 2021
- Rogers, M., Short, D., Short, P., & Blumbergs, C. (2019, October). Saving Grasslands with Citizen Science and Civic Ecology. Presented at the North American Association for Environmental Education 2019 International