Sociology and Community Development
- McCord Building Room MC 205K
- PhD, Sociology-University of Arizona
- MA, Sociology-University of Arizona
- MA, Latin American Studies-University of New Mexico
- BA, Spanish and International Studies-Texas Lutheran University
Dr. Ring-Ramirez is an Assistant Professor of Sociology. Most of her recent research uses social network analysis and other computational methods to study social movements and higher education organizations.
- Statistics and Research Methods
- Nonprofit and Social Movement Organizations
- Social Network Analysis
- Computational Social Science and Big Data
- Urban Studies
- Higher Education
- Leahey, Erin, Sondra Barringer and Misty Ring-Ramirez. 2019. "Universities' Structural Commitment to Interdisciplinary Research." Scientometrics.
- Ring-Ramirez, Misty, Heidi Reynolds-Stenson, and Jennifer Earl. 2014. "Culturally Constrained Contention: Mapping the Meaning Structure of the Repertoire of Contention." Mobilization 19(4): 405-419.