Management and Marketing
- Kimbrough Building Room KB 233
“I enjoy meeting and connecting to new (and returning) students each semester. I really look forward to those 'aha' moments when a student gets something. I also enjoy the thank you notes and cards afterwards telling me what they specifically liked about my classes or teaching.”
Dr. Miller on what excites her about working with students
Ph.D., University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee, May 2015. Major: Management Science, Organizational Behavior; Minor: Psychology. Dissertation Title: The Effect of Cultural and Emotional Intelligence on Mentor and Protégé Perceptions of Attitude Homophily and Relationship Quality in Culturally Diverse Mentoring Relationships.
Former Human Resource Manager (10+ years), teaching since Fall, 2012.
- Cultural intelligence
- Cross-cultural mentoring
- Royall, S., McCarthy, V. & Miller, G.J. (Accepted 7/29/2021, forthcoming). Creating an Inclusive Workplace: The Effectiveness of Diversity Training. Journal of Global Economy, Trade and International Finance. Accepted July, 2021.
- Bishop-Monroe, R., Cockrell, S.R., Di Paolo Harrison, B., & Miller, G.J. (Accepted, Anticipated December 2021, Issue 4). Thank you whistleblower! How organizations can cultivate whistleblower activity to enhance business success. Organizational Dynamics. Accepted November 21, 2020.
- Volker, J.X., Phillips, M., Miller, G.J., James, M.X. (2021). An examination of consumer bankruptcy as a deterrent to small business formation. Journal of Behavioral Studies in Business, 12 (February) 1-12. http://www.aabri.com/manuscripts/193164.pdf; Microsoft Word - 193164 (aabri.com)
- James, M.X., Miller, G.J., Wyckoff, T.W. (Feb. 2019). Comprehending the Cultural Causes of English Writing Plagiarism in Chinese Students at a Western Style University, Journal of Business Ethics, 154(3), 631-642. http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10551-017-3441-6
- McCarthy, V., Miller, G.J., Cockrell, S., Meyer, D. (Aug. 2017). Establishing an ethic of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) in business school students: A comparative study of accounting and non-accounting majors, Journal of Ethical and Legal Issues, 2017(11) 1-13. http://www.aabri.com/manuscripts/172628.pdf
- Jesinoski, T., Miller, G.J., Volker, J.X. (Dec. 2016). Entrepreneurial Human Resource Management and Organizational Behavior. The Business Journal for Entrepreneurs. 2016(4), 30-49. http://www.franklinpublishing.net/entrepreneurs.html
- Miller, G.J. (Jan. 2016). Journal of Applied Management and Entrepreneurship. A book review of Leading with Cultural Intelligence: The Real Secret to Success by David Livermore, Ph.D. DOI: [10.9774/GLEAF.3709.2016.ja.00010.
- Miller, G.J. (2015). The Effect of Cultural and Emotional Intelligence on Mentor and Protégé Perceptions of Attitude Homophily and Relationship Quality in Culturally Diverse Mentoring Relationships, University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee. (dissertation)
- Shaffer, M. A., & Miller, G. J. (2008). Cultural Intelligence: A Key Success Factor for Expatriates. In S. Ang & L. Van Dyne (Eds.), Handbook of Cultural Intelligence: Theory, Measurement, and Applications. Armonk, NY: M.E. Sharpe, Inc.