Computer Science & Information Technology
- Maynard Math & Computer Sci Room MMCS 213
- Google Scholar
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Florida State University
- M.Sc. in Computer Science, Florida State University
- B.Sc. in Computer Science and Engineering, University of Dhaka
Dr. Mir Hasan is a tenure-track Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Information Technology (CSIT) at Austin Peay State University. He is passionate about teaching, and loves teaching courses in programming, databases, web and mobile application development, software engineering, and cybersecurity.
His research interests encompass the areas of information retrieval, search engines and recommender systems, expert search, and search for educational support. He focuses on developing and evaluating new technologies for educational support leveraging the techniques available in those ﬁelds. His work resulted in publications in top venues, such as IEEE International Conference on Big Data (Big Data), Hawaii International Conference on System (HICSS), ACM/SIGIR International Conference on Research & Development in Information Retrieval (SIGIR), and IEEE/ACM International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE). His papers received over 150 citations so far. His Google Scholar profile can be accessed at: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=eUHRutAAAAAJ&hl=en
He is looking for motivated students to work on a number of interesting projects. Please contact him at email@example.com if you are interested.
- Information Retrieval
- Search Engines and Recommender Systems
- Expert Search
- Search for Educational Support
- E. Hossain, M. R. Karim, M. Hasan, S. A. Zaoad, T. Tanjim and M. M. Khan, "SPaFE: A Crowdsourcing and Multimodal Recommender System to Ensure Travel Safety in a City," in IEEE Access, vol. 10, pp. 71221-71232, 2022, doi: 10.1109/ACCESS.2022.3187964.
- S. Zaoad, T. Tanjim, M. Hasan, M. Mamun-Or-Rashid, I. Almansour and M. Khan, "Accelerating Message Passing Operation of GDL-Based Constraint Optimization Algorithms Using Multiprocessing," in Proceedings of the 2021 IEEE International Conference on Parallel & Distributed Processing with Applications, Big Data & Cloud Computing, Sustainable Computing & Communications, Social Computing & Networking (ISPA/BDCloud/SocialCom/SustainCom), 2021, pp. 706-714.
- W. Tanner, E. Akbas, and M. Hasan, “Paper Recommendation Based on Citation Relation,” in Proceedings of the 2019 IEEE International Conference on Big Data (IEEE BigData 2019), Los Angeles, CA, USA, 2019, pp. 3053-3059.
- M. Hasan, and D. Schwartz, “A Multi-criteria Decision Support System for Ph.D. Supervisor Selection: A Hybrid Approach,” in Proceedings of the 52th Annual Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences (HICSS’19), Maui, HI, USA, 2019, pp. 1823- 1832.
- M. Hasan, and D. Schwartz, “RecAdvisor: Criteria-based Ph. D. Supervisor Recommendation,” in Proceedings of the 41st ACM/SIGIR International Conference on Research & Development in Information Retrieval (SIGIR’18), Ann Arbor, MI, USA, 2018, pp. 1325-1328.
- L. Ponzanelli, G. Bavota, A. Mocci, M. Di Penta, R. Oliveto, M. Hasan, B. Russo, S. Haiduc, and M. Lanza, “Too Long; Didn’t Watch! Extracting Relevant Fragments from Software Development Video Tutorials, Technical Research Track,” in Proceedings of the 38th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE’16), Austin, TX, USA, 2016, pp. 261-272.
- S. Imminni, M. Hasan, M. Duckett, P. Sachdeva, S. Karmakar, P. Kumar, and S. Haiduc, “SPYSE: a Semantic Search Engine for Python Packages and Modules,” in Proceedings of the 38th ACM/IEEE International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE’16), Austin, TX, USA, 2016, pp. 625-628.
- M. Hasan, and A. Chowdhury, “Human disease diagnosis using a fuzzy expert system,” Journal of Computing, vol. 2, iss. 6, 2010, pp. 66-70.