Md Ali Haider
- DO NOT USE - FC Education Ctr Room FC Rm. 219
“I like the students' positive attitude toward accepting new ideas and concepts to solve regular problems.”
- Dr. Haider on what excites him most about being a part of the APSU community.
- Ph. D. in Electrical Engineering from University of North Dakota
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering from South Dakota State University
- B.Sc. in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology (BUET), Bangladesh
Dr. Haider joined the Department of Engineering Technology team at Austin Peay State University (APSU) as an Assistant Professor in Fall 2021. Prior to joining APSU, Dr. Haider has taught more than ten undergraduate courses in the areas of electrical and electronic technology, embedded systems, and digital circuits at the School of Engineering and Technology, Central Michigan University (CMU) from 2018 to 2021. In addition, he has advised several senior design projects at CMU. He is an active member of Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE). Dr. Haider also serves as a reviewer for several conferences and journals, including IEEE WF-IoT, IEEE EIT, IEEE Signal Processing Letters, Journal of Signal Processing Systems, and Remote Sensing of Environment.
His research interests lie in the broad fields of Biomedical Signal processing and Brain–computer interface (BCI), including Image processing, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Internet of Things (IoT). Dr. Haider is an author of various publications including multiple journal/conference articles and book chapters.
PEER-REVIEWED JOURNAL ARTICLES
- R Ali, Haider A, Haider W, Deen K M, Hamad K. Incorporation of Machine Learning in Additive Manufacturing: a review. International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture (under review).
- Haider A, Tavakolian K, Fazel-Rezai R. Performance Evaluation of Heartbeat Classification Methods Based on Morphological Descriptors. J Med Device.9(2):20913, 2015. IF: 0.412
- Munia TTK, Haider A, Schneider C, Romanick Mark, Fazel-Rezai R. A Novel EEG Based Spectral Analysis of Persistent Brain Function Alteration in Athletes with Concussion History. Scientific Reports (Nature Research). 7(1):17221; 2017. IF: 4.61
- Haider A, Fazel-Rezai R. Heart Signal Abnormality Detection Using Artificial Neural Networks. J Med Device. 8(2):20915, 2014. IF: 0.412
PEER-REVIEWED CONFERENCE PAPERS
- Haider A. A Brief Review of Signal Processing for EEG-based BCI: Approaches and Opportunities. In: IEEE International Conference on Electro Information Technology (EIT), pp. 389-394,2021.
- R Ali, Haider A, Haider W. A Consolidated Approach towards Application of Machine Learning Principles in Additive Manufacturing. In: IEEE International Conference on Electro Information Technology (EIT), pp. 1-6,2021.
- Haider A, Tan S. Improvement of LiDAR data classification algorithm using the machine learning technique. In Polarization Science and Remote Sensing IX (Vol. 11132, p. 1113215), International Society for Optics and Photonics, 2019.
- Haider A, Cosatto B, Alam M, Tavakolian K, Fazel-Rezai R. A New Region-based BCI Speller Design using Steady State Visual Evoked Potentials. In: Brain Computer Interface Meeting. Pacific Gove, CA.; p. 1, 2016.
- Munia TTK, Haider A, Fazel-Rezai R. Evidences of Brain Functional Deficits Following Sport-Related Mild Traumatic Brain Injury. In: 2017 39th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (EMBC), Jeju Island, South Korea, pp. 3212-3215, 2017.
- Guragain B, Haider A, Fazel-Rezai R. A New Region-based SSVEP BCI Speller. In: Brain Computer Interface Meeting. Pacific Grove, CA.; p. 176-177, 2018.
- Haider A, Alhashim M, Tavakolian K, Fazel-Rezai R. Computer-assisted image processing technique for tracking wound progress. In: 2016 IEEE International Conference on Electro Information Technology (EIT). p. 750–4, 2016.
- Alamdari N, Haider A, Arefin R, Verma AK, Tavakolian K, Fazel-Rezai R. A review of methods and applications of brain computer interface systems. In: 2016 IEEE International Conference on Electro Information Technology (EIT). p. 345–50, 2016.
- Tan S, Haider A. A comparative study of polarimetric and non-polarimetric LiDAR in deciduous-coniferous tree classification. In: International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS). p. 1178–81, 2010.
- Haider A, Tan S, Stoker J. Classify Tree Species Using Polarimetric Lidar Data and Neural Networks: A Case Study. In: International Conference on Electrical and Computer Systems (ICECS), Ontario, Canada. Ottawa, Ontario.: International ASET Inc.; 2012.
- Haider A, Haque SMA, Chowdhury MA. Speech-to-speech Translation from English to Bangla. In: International Conference on Computer and Information Technology (ICCIT). Gazipur, Bangladesh.; p. 4, 2005.
- Haider A, Fazel-Rezai R. Issues and Challenges in Designing P300 and SSVEP Paradigms. In: Brain-Computer Interfaces Handbook: Technological and Theoretical Advances. Boca Raton: CRC Press; p. 501-523, 2018.
- Haider A, Fazel-Rezai R. Application of P300 Event-Related Potential in Brain-Computer Interface. In: Event-Related Potentials and Evoked Potentials. Rijeka, Croatia: InTech; p. 19-38, 2017.
- Guragain B, Haider A, Fazel-Rezai R. Hybrid Brain-Computer Interface Systems: Approaches, Features, and Trends. In Evolving BCI Therapy-Engaging Brain State Dynamics. IntechOpen; p. 113-139, 2018.