We understand that service members face unique life circumstances like reassignment and deployment. That's why we offer numerous courses and entire programs online, along with generous aid packages like out-of-state fee waivers for all military-affiliated students. Military-affiliated students consist of active-duty military, veterans, reservists, National Guard members, ROTC cadets, retirees and active military families.
Reduced Tuition For All Military-Affiliated Soldiers
APSU offers in-state tuition to all of the nation's military-affiliated students, which includes active-duty military personnel, veterans, reservists, National Guard members and their eligible family members. We have also waived application fees and reduced the cost of courses to $250 per credit hour for uniformed military students.
In order to receive additional tuition assistance, all active duty Army, National Guard and Army Reserve soldiers can select their degree path through ArmyIgnitEd after completing their APSU application.
Military Admissions Process
If you're stationed at Fort Campbell or retired in the Clarksville area, you can take advantage of the many programs offered at our Austin Peay Center at Fort Campbell and on our main APSU campus in Clarksville, TN, which is located just a few miles from post.
Submit your APSU application for admission!
Request any required official high school or college transcripts to be submitted to
the Office of Admissions.
Submit Military Documents
Request required military documents:
- Army - Joint Services Transcripts (JST) (also referred to as AARTS transcript)
- Air Force - Transcript from the Community College of the Air Force
- Army National Guard - Joint Services Transcripts (JST) (also referred to as AARTS transcript) or Enlistment Contract 4-2
- Navy - Joint Services Transcripts (JST) (also referred to as SMART transcript)
- U.S. Marine Corps -Joint Services Transcripts (JST) (also referred to as SMART transcript)
- U.S. Military Reserves - Copy of Enlistment Contract 4-1 or 4-2 or DD Form 2586, Verification of Military Experience and Training (VMET). Army, Navy, Coast Guard and Marine Reserve personnel can also receive Joint Services Transcripts (JST).
- Veterans - DD Form 214 (Member Copy 4) Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty
of Service. Veterans must have Characterization of Service Form.
View Admissions Requirements
See our military admissions requirements and other specific criteria.
Explore other helpful admissions resources.