Uniformed Personnel and Veteran Admission
For active-duty military, reassignment and deployment are facts of life. That's why we offer numerous courses – and entire programs – online. It's also the reason we offer out-of-state fee waivers to active-duty soldiers.
If you're stationed at Fort Campbell or retired in the Clarksville area, you also will be able to take advantage of the many programs offered at our Austin Peay Center @ Fort Campbell and on our main campus, which is located just a few miles from post.
- Apply for Admission - A $25.00 non-refundable application fee (payable one-time only) is payable online. (Not required of Active Duty Military)
- Admission Criteria
- Application Deadline -- All required information must be received prior to admission, evaluation of transfer credit and registration.
- Request Required Transcripts
- Request Required Military Documents
- Army - Joint Services Transcripts (JST) (also referred to as AARTS transcript - Army/American Council on Education Registry Transcript System )
- Air Force - Transcript from Community College of the Air Force
- Army National Guard - Joint Services Transcripts (JST) (also referred to as AARTS transcript - Army/American Council on Education Registry Transcript System ) OR Enlistment Contract 4-2
- Navy - Joint Services Transcripts (JST) (also referred to as SMART transcript)
- U.S. Marine Corps - Joint Services Transcripts (JST) (also referred to as SMART transcript)
- U.S. Military Reserves -Copy of Enlistment Contract 4-1 or 4-2 or DD Form 2586, Verification of Military Experience and Training (VMET)Army, Navy, Coast Guard and Marine Reserve personnel can also get a Joint Services Transcripts (JST)
- Veterans - DD Form 214 (Member Copy 4) Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty of Service. Must have Characterization of Service on Form.
- Placement Assessment Test - Find out whether you’re required to take the assessment test. The test is designed to help you succeed in college studies. It provides you and your academic advisor with important information about your individual skills, your preparation for the program or degree you wish to pursue and about your special educational needs. Test scores will assist your advisor in placing you in courses most suited to your preparation and needs. In short, the test is the first step toward achieving your academic goals.
- Tuition Assistance - All active duty, national guard and reservists of the Army must apply for admission at http://www.GoArmyEd.com. (Do not use the APSU application for admission if you are seeking Tuition Assistance)If you have any questions about Tuition Assistance, please contact your military unit. For any questions about making payments, please contact the APSU Business Office at email@example.com or (931) 221-7671.
Need Help? If you have questions or need assistance please contact the Office of Admissions at (931) 221-7661 or firstname.lastname@example.org.