Go back

Transfer of Entitlement

Department of Defense, Transfer of Education Benefits


Each military service's Secretary has the sole discretion to determine if that service will offer the Transferability of Entitlement option under qualifying Post 9/11 GI Bill, Chapter 33.  You will need to contact the Department of Defense regarding the transfer of education benefits.


Eligible service members are able to apply through milConnect

The service member will have to log back in to check on the approval status of the transfer.  Upon approval, you will need to provide a copy of the approval to spouse and/or dependent.

For additional information, contact the St Louis VA Regional Processing Office at 1-888-442-4551 or ask a question through the GI Bill website.