Skip Navigation

How to Apply for VA Education Benefits for Current Students

Current Students

Once you register for classes, complete the Certification Request Form. (Enrollment Certification Process)

Read and complete the APSU VA’s Student Responsibilities through your AP One Stop each academic year.

Prior Credit

  • If you have not submitted your Prior Credit Evaluation, you will need to ensure that you submit it as soon as possible.  This can delay the processing of your enrollment certification to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. 

Changing Your Program of Study (Major/Concentration)

  • You may want to consult one of the APSU Office of Veterans Affairs to determine if the change of major will have a negative impact on your current enrollment certification.
  • Changing your major with APSU does not change your program with VA. 
    • Vocational Rehabilitation students must meet with their counselor in order to have changes in your major VA approved.  Your counselor will then submit a new VA form 28-1905 to the school regarding the change.
    • If you are using Chapters 30, 32, 33, 1606, or 1607; then you will need to complete the VA form 22-1995 with our office.
    • If you are using Chapter 35, then you will need to complete the VA form 22-5495 with our office.