The TN eCampus Online Master of Science in Nursing offers a flexible, 36- to 46-credit hour program leading to the Master of Science in Nursing (M.S.N.) degree. The curriculum allows students to customize learning opportunities to fit their goals and needs in collaboration with faculty advisors. Students may pursue full-time or part-time study. All courses, with the exception of clinical rotations, are delivered in an online delivery format.
The Master of Science in Nursing program offers concentrations in Nursing Education, Nursing Administration, Family Nurse Practitioner, and RN to MSN (for RNs with a bachelor's degree in another field). For students who have already obtained a master's degree, the department offers a post master’s certificate in Family Nurse Practitioner, Nursing Education, and Nursing Administration.
Prospective students must apply to TN eCampus and select Austin Peay as their home school.
- Application for admission to APSU
- Applicant must submit the home school referral email received from TN eCampus The email was sent to the student from firstname.lastname@example.org after completion of the TN eCampus application.
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended (graduate and undergraduate) verifying that a bachelor’s degree in nursing has been earned with an overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. For the RN bridge option, verification of the A.S. degree or diploma and a B.S. in another field will be required with an overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicant Resume.
- Applicant Goal Statement (e.g., reasons for pursuing graduate studies). The personal
goal statement should be a one-page essay. It must be written in your own words. It
should contain the following:
- Details on your decision to obtain a Master's degree in nursing
- Description of your particular interest in and potential for contributing to the nursing profession, specifically as a Master's prepared nurse
- Career objectives
- Plan to be successful in the MSN program, specifically addressing your goal of full or part-time study and the many hours required studying and in clinical.
- Licensure Verification (proof of an unencumbered, current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Tennessee or the state in which the clinical assignments are completed).
- Military documents if applicable.
- Successful completion of a 3 semester hour or 4 quarter hour undergraduate level Statistics course is required.
- Reply from Nursing Admission committee. Admission decision will be rendered from APSU’s School of Nursing Graduate Admissions Committee.
What opportunities are available with this degree?
- Primary Care setting
- Long-term care facilities
- Urgent Care Clinics
- Outpatient Clinics
- Home Health agencies
- Fast-track Emergency room settings