- Cindy Taylor, Faculty Athletics Representative (Chair)
- Don Dailey, Faculty Representative
- Rachel Bush, Faculty Representative
- Tim Wesley, Faculty Representative
- Tim Leszczak, Faculty Representative
- Wallace Cross, Faculty Representative
- John Schnettler, Faculty Representative
- Marcelius Braxton, Administrative/Professional Staff Representative
- Shanon Manly, Administrative/Professional Staff Representative
- Matthew Kilpatrick, Administrative/Professional Staff Representative
- Gerald Harrison, Athletic Director, ex officio
- Lisa Varytimidis, Director/Senior Woman Administrator, Athletics, ex officio
- Sheila Bryant, Director, Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action
- Andrew Flaherty, Student Representative
- Taylor Goodley, Student Representative
- Gorel Soumare, Student Representative
- Kelsey Gross, Student Representative
The committee will regularly review issues associated with the welfare of student-athletes participating in intercollegiate athletics in OVC and NCAA sports to ensure that the University and the Athletics Department maintain the proper balance between participation in athletics and academic achievement.
The committee will prepare an annual report and other reports as needed, advising the President and the Faculty Senate of the Athletics Department's performance with respect to its academic and athletic goals and with respect to the welfare of the student-athletes participating in OVC and NCAA sports.
The committee will communicate the concerns of student-athletes participating in intercollegiate athletics to the Faculty Senate and the University community, including the Athletics Department, the University administration, academic departments, the faculty as a whole, and other groups as warranted.
If you have questions, concerns, or would like more information about the Athletic Committee, please contact: