TPA 2020 Conference
The 115th meeting of the TPA will be February 20-22, 2020, at Lee University.
The theme for 2020 is literature and film.
Papers on theme will cover a relationship of literature and film.
Deadline for submissions
Submit your abstract to Secretary Lee Gray, firstname.lastname@example.org, by November 15, 2019.
The deadline is extended to December 9, 2019.
(Each hotel is holding 20 rooms for us.)
Clarion Inn $71.20 per night Group Code MH51H5
- Near Exit 27
Phone 423 244-0331
Address: 185 James Asbury Drive NW, Cleveland, TN, 37312
Rooms held until 30 Jan.
Fairfield Inn and Suites $99.00 per night
- Near Exit 25
Address: 2815 Westside Dr NW, Cleveland, TN 37312
Phone: (423) 664-2501
Guests must reserve by Jan. 19, or the rooms will be released.
LaQuinta Inn and Suites $89.00 per night
- Near Exit 25
Address: 130 Interstate Dr NW, Cleveland, TN 37312
Phone: (423) 813-7300
Guests reserve at least three weeks in advance.
From Nashville, Lee University is 160 miles:
- Take I-24-E to Exit 185B onto I-75-N toward Knoxville.
- Take I-75-N to Exit 20 for US-74-E toward US-64-E and Cleveland.
- Take US-74-E to the ramp for US-11-N and US-64-E.
- Turn right to continue on US-64-E.
- Continue to 3rd St.
- Turn left onto Church St.
From Knoxville, Lee University is 85 miles:
- Take I-75-S toward Chattanooga.
- Take exit 25 for State-60 toward Cleveland.
- Take 25th St. to Parker St.
Turn right onto Georgetown Rd.
Continue onto 25th St.
- Turn right onto Parker St.
Send your check to Professor John McLaughlin, 158 Main Street, Department of English, Freed-Hardman University, Henderson, TN 38340-2399: Conference Fee ($30); Conference Fee for Graduate Students ($20); Banquet ($25).