TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills)
1) Create an account at https://www.atitesting.com/.
2) Choose "I am preparing for or taking the TEAS."
3) In the menu at the top, click on 'TEAS' and choose Register for TEAS' from the drop-down menu.
4) In the Search boxes, choose the following options: Institution Remote Proctoring--Nursing, choose your desired date range, under state choose GA, then U of GA ADN TEAS'
5) Select your date and follow prompts to purchase and schedule your test.
The TEAS is designed specifically to assess a student’s preparedness entering the APSU nursing program. For more information regarding the APSU Nursing Program, please visit their website at www.apsu.edu/nursing. You must be enrolled as a student at Austin Peay State University to be eligible to test at our facility.
FEE: $20 APSU administration fee payable online during registration + ATI testing fee of approximately $65 (plus tax depending on your state of residency) ATI testing fee payable by credit or debit card on test day
ID Requirement: Photo ID with a permanent address such as a driver’s license or passport.
You may view available test dates through the registration link on our homepage at www.apsu.edu/testing. You are strongly encouraged to review the preparation information available at www.atitesting.com before coming to test.
Retest policy: There is currently a 90 day waiting period to retest. Anyone testing on or after that date must wait 90 days before being eligible to retest. You are responsible for paying the $20 APSU administration fee and the ATI test fee (plus tax depending on your state of residency) each time you test.
You must create an account through www.atitesting.com BEFORE coming to test. Once you access the site, the 'Create an Account' option is in the upper right hand corner. Follow the ATI instructions to create your ATI account. On step 4, select Austin Peay State U (do not select RN2BSN). When asked if you are a degree seeking, please select "non-degree seeking". Remember the user name and password you create. They are needed to log into the test.
IMPORTANT: The ATI TEAS test fee payable the day of testing must be rendered using a credit or debit card. Be sure you know the correct billing address associated with the card you wish to use or the system will not accept your payment.
If you are an APSU student that needs to test at another testing site or a non-APSU student that needs to find a testing site follow the instructions below.
- Using Google Chrome, go to atitesting.com
- Create an account
- Register and pay
If you experience problems during this process, call 800-667-7531
- Go to psionline.com
- Under Verify, choose ‘Schedule My Test’
- Enter TEAS in the search box and choose ATI TEAS
- To view testing centers, click on ‘Test Centers’ under Testing Information on the right side of your screen.
- Create an account
- Choose test
- Register and schedule at your desired testing center.
If you experience problems during this process, call 877-526-6833
- Will I see my scores immediately?
- You will be able to log into your account after you test to view your scores.
- What score do I need on the test?
- Please contact the APSU Nursing Department at (931) 221-7710 to verify the passing score for the exam.
- Can I retake the test if I don't earn the score I need?
- There is a 90 day waiting period between testing. You are subject to the administration and ATI test fee each time you test.
- Is there a limit to how many times I can take the test?
- At this time, there is no limit on retests.
- Can I take the TEAS at the APSU Testing Center if I am not a currently enrolled student
at the university?
- No. At this time, we only administer the test to currently enrolled APSU students.