You must have submitted an application to Austin Peay State University before you can register to take a remote COMPASS assessment.
1. Locate a remote testing center where you would like to take your test on the following website: http://forms.act.org/compass/sites/index.html
2. Contact, BY E-MAIL, the Testing Center at Austin Peay State University (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include the following information:
a. Full name (please include middle initial)
b. APSU identification number (if known)
c. Your e-mail address
d. Your complete address
e. Your best contact phone number
f. Date of birth
g. Test(s) you wish to take (Reading, Writing, and/or Math)
h. Full name of the test center where you wish to test
i. Complete address of the test center where you wish to test
3. When we receive your e-mail with the above information, Austin Peay will register you to test at your selected test center.
4. You will receive an e-mail directly from ACT (HVService @act.org) with your registration number and instructions for contacting your selected test center for an appointment. The following information will be included in the e-mail:
a. Your registration number
b. Instructions and contact information for making your testing appointment. You are responsible for contacting the center and making your own appointment.
c. Fee information (in most cases there will be a charge for testing)
d. Testing instructions
5. IMPORTANT: Print the e-mail to take with you to your appointment.
6. On test day, take the registration information e-mail, payment for the testing fee, your Austin Peay identification number (begins A00), and a current photo ID.
7. When testing is completed, please contact the Testing Center at Austin Peay State University by e-mail (email@example.com) to inform the staff that you have completed the testing.
Note: We are not allowed to give score results or placement status over the phone.
Reminder: You can test free of charge at the Austin Peay Testing Center. If you decide you would like to test at APSU, please call us at (931) 221-6269 or visit our website to schedule online at http://www.apsu.edu/testing/test/compass.