New Student Checklist
Be prepared to start your career at The Peay!
Welcome to the Austin Peay State University family! The first year of college is an exciting time in your life. You have many new things to learn and decide, from choosing your major and what careers to consider to where you will live and how to get involved. Our staff and faculty are here to assist you, and this guide will provide some of the basic information about our services and programs. We are here to help you be successful. If you ever need assistance or have questions, please call Student Affairs at 931-221-7341. We are located in the Morgan University Center, Room 206. We are glad to have you at APSU!
- Register for classes
- Apply for University Housing
- Get your AP Email login/Go to AP OneStop
- Check on your Financial Aid status
- ***CONFIRM YOUR CLASSES*** Through OneStop by Aug. 21.
- Get your Govs I.D. card
- Pick up your free Peay Pickup trolley card
- Register for AP Alert – emergency
text message system and LiveSafe App
- Get your parking decal in the Shasteen Building
- Apply for an on-campus job through the Human Resources website
- Apply for the Honors Program (if applicable)
- Find places to eat
- Check out the campus and find your class locations
- Visit the Woodward Library
- Go to the Student Involvement Fair
- Go to the Foy Fitness and Recreation Center
- ***Go to class!***
- Check your AP Email and Gov Says announcements daily
- Go to tutoring/seek help early for your classes if needed
- Plan alternate routes to and from campus
- Go to an athletic event
- Check out the location of parking lots on campus
- Download APSU App!
- Log into PeayLink
- Get involved!
Safety and Security
- Emergency phones are located across campus. Pressing the emergency button activates alarm lights and connects you to Campus Police.
- Campus police patrol campus 24/7. They are armed, trained and empowered with the same authority as city police.
- AP Alert text messages and emails are sent to students whenever there is a threat on campus, including bad weather. Current students can register for the free service at www.apsu.edu/alert. Your mobile provider will charge for these texts according to the terms of your plan. You can also download the LiveSafe app which allows students, faculty and staff to quickly and conveniently communicate with APSU Campus Police.
- Security escorts are available to accompany students across campus 24 hours a day.
- Card swipe technology ensures only students who live in a specific residence hall can get inside.
- Free motorist assistance is available 24/7 through campus police to help students who need a jump-start, gas, towing service or other such aid.
- Crime prevention and safety programs are available to teach students how to avoid becoming a victim — and prepare them to act in an emergency situation.
APSU is committed to providing a safe and secure campus environment for everyone! In an emergency, dial 911.