Foy Fitness & Recreation Center
University Recreation provides the APSU community opportunities to participate in quality recreational and wellness programs. The Foy Fitness & Recreation Center is an $11-million, state-of-the-art recreation center.
This 78,000-square-foot structure features:
- A three-court gymnasium equipped for a variety of activities and separable by motorized screens
- A 10,000-square-foot cardio and resistance fitness space with a wide range of equipment.
- An indoor climbing wall and a large bouldering feature.
- Four fully enclosed, glass back wall racquetball courts.
- An indoor track; 10 laps equal a mile.
- Two suspended wood floor fitness studios that can be opened to one large room.
- An indoor cycling studio.
- Mutlimedia wellness education room
- Modern locker rooms with private showers and changing areas.
- A generously stocked equipment check-out area.
- Equipment rental for outdoor activities like biking, camping and hiking.
- With the addition of the Fusion software, student, faculty and staff have the ability to register and pay for many events and services, (including Intramurals, Adventure Recreation Trips, Group fitness classes and summer camp) online via www.recreation.apsu.edu
To access University Recreation facilities and services via biometric turnstyles, a valid APSU Govs I.D. card may be presented.
- Students must be currently enrolled on Clarksville campus, and have no holds or outstanding balances.
- Students not enrolled on Clarksville campus may pay access fees to use the facility.
- Alumni and family members (age 16 and older) may access our facilities and services with appropriate enrollment and fees.
- Each patron is permitted two guests per visit, assuming all responsibility for each guest and paying the guest fees.
- There may be additional requirements and/or fees for particular services.
- Dependents under 16 may also have limited access to facilities when accompanied by a parent/guardian.
Spring/Fall Semester Operating Schedule
|Foy Fitness & Recreation Center||Monday-Thursday||6 a.m.-10 p.m.|
|Friday||6 a.m.-8 p.m.|
|Saturday||9 a.m.-5 p.m.|
|Indoor Climbing Wall||Monday-Thursday||2-7 p.m.|
|Foy Center Pool (seasonal operation only)||Monday-Friday||Noon-7 p.m.|
|Foy Fitness & Recreation Center||Monday-Thursday||7 a.m.-8 p.m.|
|Friday||7 a.m.-7 p.m.|
|Saturday||9 a.m.-5 p.m.|
|Indoor Climbing Wall||Monday-Friday||3-6 p.m.|
|Foy Center Pool (seasonal operation only)||Monday-Thursday||10 a.m.-7 p.m.|
|Friday||10 a.m.-6 p.m.|
|Saturday||11 a.m.-5 p.m.|
*: Hours subject to change.
- State-of-the-art computerized fitness assessments
- Total body circuits for time-limited exercise
- We offer Boot Camp and Aerial Fitness.
- A fitness orientation is available for the cardio and resistance fitness areas.
- Personal Training at reasonable rates with knowledgeable, experienced trainers
Have fun getting fit in groups with our wide variety of group exercise classes, including strength and cardio formats, dance, cycling, mind-body and classes that combine activities. We also offer various programming from Aerial Fitness to Boot Camp and Personal Training. Check out the full group fitness schedule and instructor profiles at www.apsu.edu/recreation/gpfit/info.
Beat the heat at the Foy Center pool. Whether you want to swim or just lay out, the pool is the place to be. The pool ranges in depth from 3’6” to 6 feet and has four 25-yard lap lanes. The water is kept at a comfortable temperature averaging 82 degrees. Lounge chairs and tables with umbrellas are available, as well as locker rooms with showers.
Activities include special evening events such as pool parties and dive-in movies. Basketball hoops and other outdoor games are also available. We even offer swimming lessons, water aerobics and group fitness classes. Certified lifeguards are on duty whenever the pool is open.
All ages are welcome to use the pool, but anyone younger than 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times. URec patrons are allowed to bring up to two guests per day at the cost of $2 per person and must remain with their guests.
Join us as we travel to new places and try exciting activities. We’ve gone white water rafting on the Ocoee, canoeing, hiking at Land Between the Lakes and backpacking in the Smoky Mountains. Check our website for upcoming adventures at www.apsu.edu/recreation/adventure/info.
The climbing wall offers belay training regularly and hosts competitions once each semester. We set new routes often too, so come climb!
Intramurals features competitive and non-competitive activities such as men’s, women’s, Greek and co-rec divisions of:
Flag football, Soccer, Ultimate frisbee, Softball, Basketball, Volleyball, Cornhole, Billiards and much more.
For more information, including event schedules, visit www.apsu.edu/recreation/im/info.
Wellness seminars are designed to engage participants in learning the various components of fitness and wellness. Professionals will guide you through how-to courses that range from managing time and stress to planning nutritious meals and more. These classes are free of charge with a valid APSU I.D.
For workshop schedule, visit www.apsu.edu/recreation/fit-well/workshops.
Specialized student organizations established to promote a shared interest are assisted at University Recreation. Sports clubs offer opportunities for competition, instruction and participation in a variety of activities, including basketball, soccer, fishing and volleyball. Don’t see one you like? Let us help you start one.
Junior Govs Summer Camp
This recreational day camp is a comprehensive program that promotes healthy lifestyles among children ages 5-14. Each day is designed to keep participants active and engaged with sports activities, games, arts and crafts, swimming and more.
- Facility: Given the variety of spaces, University Recreation facilities are suitable for a wide array of activities. Interested parties may browse the calendar as guest to check available dates.
- Equipment: We have outdoor and sports equipment available for check out!