Spanish Tutoring Program
- Tutoring with Dr. Ruiz
- Where: Hispanic Cultural Center – MUC 115
- When/Time: Monday & Wednesday at 10 a.m. - 11 a.m. and Tuesdays & Thursdays at 9:35 a.m. - 10:35 a.m.
- No registration required
Hispanic Cultural Center Library Collection
You may check resources in and out of our resource library. We have an assortment of books, CDs, and DVDs. As long as you have an APSU student ID, you are welcome to check-out these resources for up to three weeks at a time. If you would like to borrow an item for more than three weeks, bring the item back and your student ID back to the HCC and renew it for another three week period. There is an unlimited amount of times that you may renew a resource. Check out is limited to three resources at a time.
Any resource that is lost, stolen, or not returned in its original condition will result in a hold on your APSU account until you have paid a charge to replace the item. As long as there is a hold on your account, you will be unable to check out other items. The HCC has the right to indefinitely suspend your borrowing rights due to your borrowing history.
Learn Spanish through Play
Spanish Phrases Flash Cards: 1000 cards covers glossary of essential words, travel, entertainment/sports, food/restaurant, clothes/shopping, money/bank, school/workplace, people/family, habitat, health/body, directions, weather/seasons, calendar, time, colors, exclamations, negatives, questions, and basics/greetings.
- Spanish Vocabulary Flash Cards: 1000 cards covers adjectives, adverbs, verbs, questions, body/health, food/restaurant/drink, sports/entertainment, studies/workplace, family/titles, habitat, weather, time, directions, travel, greetings, bank, clothes, and numbers.
- Scrabble: English and Spanish version
- Verb It: Players race to collect 1,000 pesos. The game covers presente tense, imperfect subjunctive, and Latin American culture and geography.
- Loteria (original edition)
- Spanish Cultural Trivia
- Cognate Frenzy: This game can help with vocabulary reinforcement and recognition for upper-level Spanish students. First year Spanish students will recognize basic vocabulary and pop culture items. There are vocabulary lists with translations on all cards for any words you may not know.
- Cuéntame Tell Me Spanish Conversation Starter: Draw a question card and begin a conversation. Includes 286 question cards.