In all University Recreation facilities, in order to help maintain a friendly, safe and respectful environment, participants are required to abide by the following:
- Participants must wear appropriate attire at all times, that is not offensive, suggestive or overly revealing.
- Patrons must wear a shirt covering the navel at all times when participating in any activity in any University Recreation facility or event to exclude the pool.
- Participants must wear shoes at all times.
- When wearing recreation pinnies, a t-shirt with sleeves is required.
- Appropriateness of the clothing will be held to the discretion of the University Recreation staff.
Health & Safety
For personal health and safety, members are strongly encouraged to abide by the following guidelines:
- Back, midriff, sides are completely covered.
- Shorts at least mid-thigh in length.
- Use a towel to cover surfaces that make contact with the skin.
- Wipe any surfaces off before and after using equipment.
In order to minimize the risk of disease transmission as well as extend the life of fitness equipment, participants in the fitness center are required to abide by the following:
- Heavy materials, such as denim, khaki, canvas and military fatigues are prohibited.
- Garments with metal rivets, buttons, belts, or exposed zippers are prohibited.
- Closed-toe, athletic fitness shoes are required. Athletic sandals, hiking boots and
water footwear are prohibited.
Dress code parameters may be adjusted to accommodate certain class formats. For example, bare feet or stocking feet are permissible in mind-body classes (i.e., yoga and Pilates) and some dance classes, such as belly dance.
While some dance formats lend themselves to high heels or hard soled shoes, these cause excessive wear, possibly even damage, to the wood floors and are therefore prohibited.
Gym & Racquetball Courts
In order to protect the high quality wood floors on the gymnasium and racquetball courts, participants are required to abide by the following:
- Participants must wear non-marking shoes.
- Hiking boots, water footwear are inappropriate for these areas.
- Shoes and shirts covering the navel must be worn at all times.