Student Trustee Application
Student Trustee applications are not currently being accepted.
Applications will be accepted each fall semester from qualified student applicants to serve on this important board that provides guidance and oversight for Austin Peay.
Each spring, one Austin Peay State University student will be selected to serve as a student member of the University’s Board of Trustees.
Students eligible to apply for this one-year appointment must:
- Be enrolled full time and remain full time during year of service;
- Have earned at least 60 semester hours at the time of application, if an undergraduate;
- Have completed at least two semesters at APSU at the time of application, if an undergraduate student; at least one semester at APSU at the time of application, if a graduate student;
- Have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA as recorded on the most recent semester’s transcript from APSU;
- Be in good judicial standing at APSU (no outstanding judicial record, no outstanding judicial sanctions, no prior judicial history deemed of serious nature by the screening committee); and,
- Have significant involvement and leadership experience in the university setting.
- Any student selected for the Student Trustee position cannot hold office within the Student Government Association during their year of service, in accordance with a resolution passed by the SGA.
Complete application packets will be accepted during the Fall 2022 semester for the 2023-24 academic year, via email to: email@example.com or by personal delivery to the Office of Student Affairs, Morgan University Center Room 206.
The Office of Student Affairs will confirm the GPA and judicial record of applicants and forward the applications to a screening committee of three students and two university administrators.
The screening committee will conduct interviews of select students. Upon completion of the interviews, the screening committee will identify students to be forwarded to the University President for review. The president will review the applications and forward to the Board of Trustees with comments as appropriate. The APSU Board of Trustees will select the student trustee at their spring 2022 meeting for the 2022-23 academic year, beginning with the summer 2022 Board of Trustees meeting (date to be determined).
Questions or requests for additional information should be directed to:
Dr. Carol Clark, Chief Government and Community Relations Officer and Secretary to the Board, firstname.lastname@example.org
931-221-7570; or Greg Singleton, Associate Vice President for Student Affairs and Dean of Students, email@example.com, 931-221-7005.