The APSU Board of Trustees has adopted key documents that govern its operations:
The APSU Board of Trustees utilizes the following committees:
- Executive Committee - Billy Atkins, Katherine Cannata, and Mike O'Malley (Chair).
- Academic Affairs Committee - Elaine Berg, Molly Howard, Valencia May, and Robin Mealer (Chair).
- Audit Committee - Billy Atkins, Katherine Cannata (Chair), and Keri McInnis.
- Business and Finance Committee - Billy Atkins (Chair), Katherine Cannata, Don Jenkins, and Keri McInnis.
- Student Affairs Committee - Elaine Berg, Molly Howard, Don Jenkins (Chair), and Valencia May.
In accordance with Tennessee Public Chapter No. 614, the APSU Board of Trustees has adopted the following factors that shall be considered when developing recommendations to increase tuition and mandatory fees:
- Tennessee Higher Education Commission (THEC) binding tuition and mandatory fee increase ranges;
- Level of state support;
- Total cost of attendance;
- Efforts to mitigate the financial effect on students;
- Higher Education Price Index (HEPI);
- Other factors deemed appropriate by university administration such as:
- Student demand;
- Campus enrollment goals;
- Market factors;
- Cost factors related to general campus operations, programs of study, or individual courses.
The factors were approved by the APSU Board of Trustees on November 30, 2018.