The APSU Board of Trustees has adopted key documents that govern its operations:
The APSU Board of Trustees utilizes the following committees:
- Executive Committee - Billy Atkins (Chair), Don Jenkins, Robin Mealer.
- Academic Affairs Committee - Valencia May (Chair), Billy Atkins, Elaine Berg, Molly Howard, Mike O'Malley.
- Audit Committee - Robin Mealer (Chair), Billy Atkins, Katherine Johnson Cannata, Mike O'Malley, Phil Roe
- Business and Finance Committee - Don Jenkins (Chair), Billy Atkins, Katherine Johnson Cannata, Keri McInnis, Phil Roe.
- Student Affairs Committee - Keri McInnis (Chair), Billy Atkins, Elaine Berg, Molly Howard, Valencia May.
In accordance with Tennessee Public Chapter No. 614, the APSU Board of Trustees has adopted the following factors that shall be considered when developing recommendations to increase tuition and mandatory fees:
- Tennessee Higher Education Commission (THEC) binding tuition and mandatory fee increase ranges;
- Level of state support;
- Total cost of attendance;
- Efforts to mitigate the financial effect on students;
- Higher Education Price Index (HEPI);
- Other factors deemed appropriate by university administration such as:
- Student demand;
- Campus enrollment goals;
- Market factors;
- Cost factors related to general campus operations, programs of study, or individual courses.
The factors were approved by the APSU Board of Trustees on November 30, 2018.