2:025 Limitations on Enrollment
|Austin Peay State
|Limitations on Enrollments
It is the policy of Austin Peay State University to provide a comprehensive program of post-secondary education to all residents of the State of Tennessee and other interested persons from the region and the nation.
The purpose of this policy is to establish reasonable limitations on enrollments at the university.
- The Board of Trustees recognizes the need to limit the number of persons who may enroll in certain programs, activities or courses due to:
- The need to maintain the quality of an instructional program; or
- Limited facilities, finances or other circumstances affecting the feasibility of a program.
- On the basis of these premises, the university governed by the Austin Peay State University Board of Trustees, is hereby authorized to establish reasonable limitations on the number of persons who may enroll in any or all programs, courses or activities for the reasons herein above stated.
- Such limitations on enrollments should be based upon selective criteria or devices appropriate to the program involved which apply equally to all prospective students, provided that preference for admission should be given to students who are residents of the State of Tennessee.
APSU Policy 2:025 – Issued: March 8, 2017
President: signature on file