Undergraduate Research Enhancement Fund
Announcement: Last Friday in September
Deadline: Last Friday in October
Funding Limit: $3000 per award
Earliest Project Start: January
OSRI accepts proposals for Undergraduate Research Enrichment Funds (UREF) on a limited case by case basis as funding remains available. Please email OSRI@apsu.edu for more information and the form to complete.
UREF Proposal Requirements
- Research Site:
- Research must be conducted at Austin Peay State University or an external site under the direct supervision of an APSU faculty mentor.
- Faculty Mentor:
- The faculty mentor should work closely with the student applicant to develop each component of the proposal and should review the written proposal several times before submission.
- Faculty mentors will be required to submit and evaluate student learning objectives associated with the proposed project.
- This mentorship will be necessary for the completion of the project as well as the assessment of the student learning objectives.
- Primary Writer:
- Though faculty are closely involved, the applicant (the student) is expected to be the primary author of the student narrative and proposal form. The project scope, magnitude, and duration should be sufficient to justify the budget. This is also a great learning experience for students.
- The student applicant must request an evaluation a faculty mentor who is responsible for making sure departmental resources are available for supporting the research.
- Faculty Evaluation Form
- Using Humans or Animals:
- For projects proposing the use of human research subjects or animals, a copy of the submitted/approved IACUC or IRB documentation must be approved prior to the execution of the project.
- External Sites:
- Projects with components external to APSU must provide a letter of support from the coordinator of the external institution.
- APSU Research and Creativity Forum:
- Each UREF scholar will participate in the APSU Research and Creativity Forum and should apply to present at national or regional conferences.
- UREF scholars will be expected to participate in promotional activities for OSRI during the award period and complete a post-award
We look forward to reading your work!