Distance Education Faculty Travel Stipend
To encourage the exploration of distance, online, blended, or hybrid education, instructional technologies, and instructional strategies at APSU.
Travel stipends up to $1,000 can be requested by faculty who present or apply to present at regional, national, or international conferences related to digital teaching practices, instructional technology, or online/distance/hybrid teaching and learning.
- Full-time or adjunct faculty
- Must have applied to present* at the conference in which they are seeking funds
*Applications will be considered regardless of acceptance to present; however, you will be asked to verify attempting to present at the conference.
- Conference must be a regional, national, or international conference related to digital teaching practices, instructional technology, or online/distance/hybrid teaching and learning.
- Faculty must complete and submit the travel stipend application form below with full
- Contact and departmental information
- Conference details
- Presentation topic
- After submitting this web form, email a copy of your Call for Proposal (CFP) or abstract to Lady Moran at firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject: Faculty Travel Stipend.
Terms of Stipend
- Application submission does not guarantee funding.
- Funds are limited and stipends will not be awarded once they are exhausted for the fiscal year.
- Travel stipends will not exceed $1,000.
- Each applicant may receive only one travel stipend in 2019-2020.
- The travel stipend application web form and CFP/abstract must be received by DE at least four weeks prior to the scheduled trip.
- Funds are awarded to those who meet all eligibility and requirements listed above. Priority will be given to those faculty that have not received travel stipend funds from DE in the past fiscal year (2018-2019).
- Applications will be reviewed every two weeks.
- If awarded a stipend, applicant must list the Director of Distance Education as an approver when submitting the online travel authorization and the travel claim for reimbursement.
- Travel must be completed and travel claim submitted to DE before June 15, 2020.
Suggested Institutions Offering Conferences in Online/Distance/Hybrid Teaching & Learning
- American Educational Research Association (AERA)
- Association for Educational Communication & Technology (AECT)
- EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative (ELI)
- International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)
- Online Learning Consortium (OLC)
- Quality Matters (QM)
- WICHE Cooperative for Educational Technologies (WCET)
*Conferences are NOT limited to the organizations listed above.
The 2019-2020 application is now closed. Please check back in 2020-2021 fiscal year!