DE Faculty Travel Stipend
Please read the information below and fill out the webform application.
To encourage the exploration of distance, online, blended, or hybrid education, instructional technologies, and instructional strategies at APSU.
Travel stipends up to $1,000 can be requested by faculty who present or apply to present at regional, national, or international conferences related to digital teaching practices, instructional technology, or online/distance/hybrid teaching and learning.
- Full-time or adjunct faculty
- Must have applied to present* at the conference in which they are seeking funds
*Applications will be considered regardless of acceptance to present; however, you will be asked to verify attempting to present at the conference.
- Conference must be a regional, national, or international conference related to digital teaching practices, instructional technology, or online/distance/hybrid teaching and learning.
- Faculty must complete and submit the travel stipend application form below with full
- Contact and departmental information
- Conference details
- Presentation topic
- After submitting this webform, email a copy of your conference presentation Call for Proposal (CFP) application or abstract to Distance Education at email@example.com with the Subject: Faculty Travel Stipend.
Terms of Stipend
Application submission does not guarantee funding. Funds are limited and stipends will not be awarded once they are exhausted for the fiscal year. Funds are awarded to those who meet all eligibility and requirements listed above. Priority will be given to those faculty that have not received travel stipend funds from Distance Education in the past fiscal year (2018-2019).
- Application form and CFP/Abstract received by Distance Education at least four weeks prior to scheduled trip
- Travel stipend will not exceed $1,000
- Each applicant may receive only one travel stipend
- If awarded a stipend, applicant must list the Director of Distance Education as an approver when submitting the online travel authorization and the claim for reimbursement
- Travel must be completed and travel claim submitted to Distance Education before June 15, 2020
Suggested Institutions Offering Conferences in Online/Distance/Hybrid Teaching & Learning
- American Educational Research Association (AERA)
- Association for Educational Communication & Technology (AECT)
- EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative (ELI)
- International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)
- Online Learning Consortium (OLC)
- Quality Matters (QM)
- WICHE Cooperative for Educational Technologies (WCET)
*Conferences are NOT limited to the organizations listed above.
IMPORTANT: Thank you for your interest in the Distance Education Faculty Travel Stipend. We are no longer accepting applications for this fiscal year, please check back next fiscal year.