DE Faculty Travel Stipend
To encourage the exploration of distance, online, blended or hybrid education and instructional strategies at APSU, travel stipends are available through Distance Education (DE).
Travel stipends up to $500 can be requested by faculty who present research at national or international conferences related to innovative teaching practices and technologies for improving online/hybrid learning environments. Please read the information below and fill out the webform application.
- Faculty members or instructors at APSU are eligible to apply for the stipend.
- Preference will be given to faculty who have completed DE sponsored professional development programs (i.e., faculty workshops, course development, and eLiaison program).
Faculty must complete and submit the travel stipend application form with full details including:
- Contact and departmental information
- Conference details
- What you intend to present at the conference
- List of APSU online/hybrid courses where innovative teaching practices or technologies are employed
- How the conference will affect your online/hybrid teaching and its impact on your students.
- How you will share the information you learn at a DE training session?
Terms of Stipend
- Application form will be submitted at least four weeks prior to scheduled trip
- Travel stipend will not exceed $500
- Each applicant may receive only one travel stipend per fiscal year*
- Only one stipend will be provided per conference presentation
- Travel stipend awardees will be asked to schedule and present their conference poster/presentation and/or findings at a DE training session
- If awarded a stipend, applicant must list the Director of Distance Education as an approver when submitting the online travel authorization and the claim for reimbursement
*Funds are limited and stipends will not be awarded once they are exhausted for the fiscal year.
Institutions Offering Conferences
- American Educational Research Association (AERA)
- Association for Educational Communication & Technology (AECT)
- EDUCAUSE Learning Initiative (ELI)
- International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)
- Online Learning Consortium (OLC)
- Quality Matters (QM)
- WICHE Cooperative for Educational Technologies (WCET)
Are you ready to apply? Fill out the application webform below!