Student Background Checks
Student Background Checks
A background investigation is a requirement of the clinical agencies for your program of study. Failure to complete these requirements will prevent you from completing clinical rotations.
Directions for using Truescreen Inc. for all APSU School of Nursing Programs
Below are step-by-step instructions for accessing Application Station: Student Edition to authorize and pay for a background investigation.
1. Click the link below or paste it into your browser: http://www.applicationstation.com
2. Enter the Code: APSUNURSE-CBC in the Application Station Code field.
3. Click the "SIGN UP NOW" button to create an account.
4. Follow the instructions on the Application Station web site.
Note – please store the username and password created for Application Station in a secure location. This information is needed to enter Application Station in the future which includes obtaining a copy of your background investigation report.
If you encounter issues with the Application Station: Student Edition or have questions regarding the site, please contact Truescreen’s Help Desk at 888-276-8518, ext. 2006 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Background Investigations are completed, on average, within 3 to 5 business days. Once completed, you will receive an email from Truescreen, email@example.com. Follow the link in the email to access Application Station: Student Edition to view the report. To access the site use the same username and password created at the time you submitted your background check. Application Station includes instructions for disputing information included in the background check should you feel anything is incorrect.
The initial background investigation consists of the search components listed below. All records are searched by primary name and all AKAs, a student’s primary address, and all addresses lived within the past seven years.
- Social Security Number Validation and Verification
- County Criminal Records Search – all counties of residence lived in the past 7 years
- National Sexual Offender Registry Search
The cost of the Background Investigation is $22.50. Truescreen accepts credit cards and PayPal. Payment is collected within ApplicationStation: Student Edition.
Report Delivery Manager
Report Delivery Manager (RDM) allows students to distribute an electronic copy of your background check and drug screen results to a third party for clinical rotations. RDM can be found in Application Station: Student Edition. Reports are available to students for 36 months. If reports are needed beyond 36 months, students must print a copy to be distributed as needed.
- Click the link or paste it into your browser: http://www.applicationstation.com/
- To access the Report Delivery Manager, choose the “If you are returning” option on the left side of the home page and click “Sign back in.”
- Enter the username and password created at the time of submitting your background investigation.
- Report Delivery Manager can be found at the bottom of the Welcome Back screen.
- To authorize a new third party to view a background check, click “Create a New Delivery.”
- Read the “Important Notice”, type your name and click “Agree.”
- Supply the third party’s contact information: Last Name, First Name and Organization. Report Access Keys are generated, including an ApplicationStation Code and Access PIN.
- To authorize an e-mail, locate “Other Delivery Options, Option 2” and click “here to send an email.”
- Provide and confirm the recipient’s e-mail address, and then select either Option 1 or Option 2, which determines what information is sent to the recipient via e-mail.
Truescreen recommends that the student contact the third party and provide the ApplicationStation website address, code and PIN to their contact verbally. This method provides the highest level of security. However, the student can also authorize that an e-mail containing this information be sent to the contact at the clinical facility. If you wish to have an email containing the Access Keys to be sent directly to the clinical facility, follow steps 8 and 9.
The system provides confirmation that an e-mail has been sent, along with the ApplicationStation Code and Access PIN for future reference.