Application Requirements and Process for Master of Science in Nursing Program
Priority Admissions Deadlines
Fall Admissions - April 1
Spring Admissions - October 1
Summer Admissions - February 1
All applicants for the MSN at APSU must first apply to TN eCampus for review and referral to APSU. MSN TN eCampus online application: http://www.tnecampus.org/apply-now-nursing
Once you have received confirmation of home school assignment, complete the Graduate Admissions Application and pay the $45.00 non-refundable application fee. Application for admission to APSU
Application is not complete until all listed items are submitted:
- Home school referral email received from TN eCampus. (The email was sent to the student from email@example.com after completion of the TN eCampus application.)
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended (graduate and undergraduate) verifying that a bachelor’s degree in nursing has been earned with an overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Successful completion of a 3 semester hour or 4 quarter hour undergraduate level Statistics course is required.
- Applicant Resume
- Applicant Goal Statement (e.g., reasons for pursuing graduate studies). The personal goal statement should be a one-page essay. It must be written in your own words. It should contain the following:
- Details on your decision to obtain a Master's degree in nursing
- Description of your particular interest in and potential for contributing to the nursing profession, specifically as a Master's prepared nurse
- Career objectives
- Plan to be successful in the MSN program, specifically addressing your goal of full or part-time study and the many hours required studying and in clinical.
- Licensure Verification (proof of an unencumbered, current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in Tennessee or the state in which the clinical assignments are completed). The expiration of your license must be clearly identified.
- Military documents if applicable.
- Choice of concentration: FNP, Administration, Education
For the RN-MSN bridge option:
Show verification of the A.S. degree or diploma and a BS. in another field will be required with an overall GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
For the post-master’s certificate:
A post-master’s applicant must have a minimum of a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in the Master’s degree. The Bachelor’s degree GPA will also be considered. Post Master’s students choosing the FNP option will be required to provide proof of completion of Advanced Pathophysiology (3 credit hours), Advanced Pharmacology (3 credit hours), and Advanced Physical Assessment (3/1 credit hours). If the student has not successfully completed the required courses, or the courses taken are not comparable to those required by the MSN program at APSU, the student will be required to complete those before beginning the clinical components of the curriculum.
International Admission Requirements
To view graduate programs available to international students, refer to the Graduate Programs for International Students page on the College of Graduate Studies website. Dependent upon program and/or visa status, additional graduate admission requirements must be met. Please refer to the Admission Requirements for International Students page on our website for detailed information and forms that may be required. All admission documents must be received and processed before selection committee review.
The Master of Science in Nursing program admits for all terms governed by admission deadline dates through the APSU main campus. Admission decisions for APSU are made by the admissions committee in the School of Nursing. Admission decision will be rendered from APSU’s School of Nursing Graduate Admissions Committee.