Taking an assessment can help you think about different career ideas. It can also help you decide which careers fit you best.
What can a self-assessment help you do?
- Learn about occupations that are a good match for you
- Decide where you need more training or experience
- Identify the skills you bring to a job
- Write more personal, detailed resumes and cover letters
- Consider careers you may not have thought about before
CareerScope helps students create a path to career success with recommendations that is the foundation for setting education and work goals.
The O*NET Interest Profiler can help you discover your interests and how they relate to the world of work. You can find out what you like to do.
The Interest Assessment matches your interests in careers. You answer 30 short questions by describing your interest in different activities. Those answers create your Interest Profile. Then you see a list of jobs that match your unique Interest Profile.
The Work Values Matcher is a quick card sort exercise that asks you to rank statements to define your ideal job. Your choices indicate your top values.
Knowing your work values can help you:
- Choose a career that matches your values, and
- Identify employers that share similar values
Learn details about any occupation, including what you might do on the job, how much you earn, and how much education or training you need.