String Summer Camp
Theme: Strings at the Cinema
June 8-12, 2020
Spend a week with other string students and embrace your love for your instrument! The String Camp is designed for string students who study privately and would like to connect with and be inspired by fellow string students.
The daily schedule will include master-class type lessons with APSU faculty, small ensemble coaching, musical explorations in musicianship training, movement/rhythm sessions, and presentations of various music related topics.
String students with at least one year of instruction are welcome to register.
New This Year!
Enroll in Individual Lessons with one of our APSU Faculty
Any student may optionally register for individual lessons with our APSU faculty. Students may have lessons on their current solo/orchestral repertoire studied and even have an opportunity to perform their solo repertoire during the camp.
- Simone Parker, Camp Director, Adjunct Faculty of Intro to Theory, Piano, Accompanying, Alexander Technique
- Emily Hanna Crane, Coordinator of Orchestral Strings, Associate Professor of Violin and Viola
- Meghan Berindean, Assistant Professor of Cello and Bass, Introduction to Music
- Razvan Berindean, Adjunct Faculty of Introduction to Music, Community Instructor
- Eunice B. Lee, Community Instructor
- Andrew Bailey, Graduate Student
- APSU Music Students
- Arrival/Welcome Activities and Games
- Warm ups
- Small Group Sessions/Master and Studio Classes
- Musical Explorations/Presentations
- Outside Walk and Constructive Rest
- Ensemble Rehearsal
- Movie Effects and Crafts
The string camp will conclude on Friday with a performance for parents followed by a reception.
Online Registration is now open for 2020! Click here to register.
Registration Fee (due with application):
- $125 early bird by April 30 ($175 afterwards).
- Students will provide their own sack lunch, light snacks will be available.
- Siblings: $100 early bird by April 30 ($150 afterwards).
- Optional $25.00 (camp discount): One individual lesson with our APSU faculty
Registration deadline: May 15, 2020
Late registrations will be accepted until 2 weeks prior to camp, but there is a likelihood that your child may not receive a camp T-shirt.
After your application materials have been received, you will receive a confirmation email.
By May 20th, participants will receive repertoire selections, a welcome package which will include when and where to come, what to bring, a map, a sample schedule, and all other information needed for your participation.
Space is limited and is reserved on a first-come-first-served basis! Please enroll soon to reserve your child’s spot. We are looking forward for your child to be there!
*Refund policy: You may cancel your registration for the APSU String Camp and receive a refund less $25 (non-refundable portion) if the request is made two weeks prior to the beginning of the camp. No money will be refunded for any reason after the two week deadline. Students arriving late for camp or leaving early are not eligible for a discount or refund. The camp registration in non-transferrable to anyone else.
We are looking forward to you being there!
Simone Parker, String Camp Director