String Summer Camp
Theme: Holidays in June
June 10-14, 2019
Spend several days among other string students and embrace your love for your instrument! The String Camp is designed for string students who study privately and would like to connect with and be inspired by fellow string students. The daily schedule will include master-class type lessons with APSU faculty, small ensemble coaching, musical explorations in musicianship training, movement/dance sessions, and presentations of various music related topics.
String students with at least one year of instruction are welcome to register.
New This Year!
Enroll in Individual Lessons with one of our APSU Faculty
Any student may optionally register for individual lessons with our APSU faculty. Students may have lessons on their current solo/orchestral repertoire studied and even have an opportunity to perform their solo repertoire during the camp.
Music / Mass Communications building on the campus of Austin Peay State University (corner of 8th and Marion)
June 10-14, 2019 @ 9am – 3:30pm.
Online Registration is now open for 2019! Click here to register.
Complete the online registration at apsu.edu/music/string-camp
Registration Fee (due with application):
- $125 early bird by April 30 ($175 afterwards).
- Students will provide their own sack lunch, light snacks will be available.
- Siblings: $100 early bird by April 30 ($150 afterwards).
- Optional $25.00 (camp discount): One individual lesson with our APSU faculty
Registration deadline: May 15, 2019
Late registrations will be accepted until 2 weeks prior to camp, but there is a likelihood that your child may not receive a camp T-shirt.
- Submit a brief list of pieces played within the last year and/or current repertoire/lesson books being used.
By May 20th, participants will receive repertoire selections, a welcome package which will include when and where to come, what to bring, a map, a sample schedule, and all other information needed for your participation.
Space is limited and is reserved on a first-come-first-served basis! Please enroll soon to reserve your child’s spot. We are looking forward for your child to be there!
Registration deadline: May 14, 2019
After your application materials have been received and accepted, we will be in touch with you.
Austin Peay String Camp Faculty
- Simone Parker, Camp Director, Adjunct Faculty of Intro to Theory, Piano, Accompanying, Alexander Technique
- Emily Hanna Crane, Coordinator of Orchestral Strings, Associate Professor of Violin and Viola
- Meghan Berindean, Assistant Professor of Cello and Bass, Introduction to Music
- Razvan Berindean, Adjunct Faculty of Introduction to Music, Community Instructor
- Michael Chandler, Coordinator of Music Education, Assistant Professor of Music, Orff/Schulwerk Instructor
- Eunice B. Lee, Community Instructor
- Nancy Alvarado, graduate student
- Andrew Bailey, graduate student
- APSU Music Students
Overview of Daily Schedule
- Arrival/Welcome Activities and Games
- Warm ups
- Rehearsals and Practice Time
- Orff/Schulwerk Sessions
- Musical Explorations/Presentations
- Outside Walk and Constructive Rest
- Ensemble Rehearsal
The string camp will conclude on Friday with a performance for parents followed by a reception.
We are looking forward for you to be there!
Simone Parker, String Camp Director